New Shoes! New Shoes!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a habit of walking through shoes.

It's getting intense. I walked through my Uggs this winter. And yes, I got the ones with the "street soles". I also walked through a really terrific pair of Diesel sneakers. Every summer, I walk through basicaly a gross ton of Old Navy flip flops.

I'm quite convinced that I must be the only person who hoofs it everywhere (no car + city + horrendous public transit situation = walking or biking, even in the elements). Therefore, I also need my shoes to be comfy...no heels, no points, lots of cushion and support, nothing to rub and cause blisters, etc.

Add to this that I have the most narrow feet on the PLANET and you have quite a dilemma.

Well, today, I think I met my work-appropriate match! I try not to buy leather, but it's getting to the point that I'll be barefoot at work if I don't try something different.....so I took a walk on the wild side and bought some new shoooeees!!!

Here they are:

http://www.merrellboot.com/Shop/Deta...-MOC&PID=10446

http://www.merrellboot.com/Shop/Deta...-MOC&PID=11515

Oh, and I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and I'm a big Crocs fan (again with the comfort and the waterproofness, plus they lessen the likihood of my stepping on shard of glass on the beach) so I splurged:

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-110-4-cleo....ction=products

Yay! New shoes!

Anyone else have Merrells? How do they stand up?

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was planning my wedding, the only shoes I bought were bridal ones. Good for you for thinking of something other than the wedding- that is hard to do!!!
And have a fun vacation!!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh I really like the Merrells! Very nice! I'm in need of some shoes but I hate shopping for shoes... I'm really picky about what I want.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoooooooes... I love new shoes. I've never had merrells but they look very comfy while still being pretty cute too.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice shoes, all of them. I think you'll get a lot of wear out of them. It pays to go with good brand names in shoes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

When I was planning my wedding, the only shoes I bought were bridal ones. Good for you for thinking of something other than the wedding- that is hard to do!!!
And have a fun vacation!!
Oy. I should probably START thinking about the wedding! But now that my recital's over and his thesis is almost done AND we both have full-time jobs lined up for next year, some more time should open up!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your new shoes are great! I think Crocs are butt-ugly but those sandals are nice!

I love Mephisto sandals, and spent last night trying to order a pair in my size and the color I want - nobody will send them to Canada! Erg.

Originally Posted by lionessrampant

...I'm quite convinced that I must be the only person who hoofs it everywhere ...
I walk over 1000 miles a year, so you aren't the only one!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do similar things on my shoes! Every season I have to buy new Uggs, and every season new high heeled black knee boots. And by spring, the right heel is about coming off my boots (I have chocked this up to driving with my right foot), and they are scuffed to hell.... my Uggs, are starting to wear down and the tread on the bottom is kinda peeling....
And I drive to work, but have to walk 4 blocks from my garage....

My solution: buy more shoes! When you alternate different pairs of Uggs, they wear less and then will last you 2-3 seasons!

(but don't listen to me, I'm a shoe queen, and have hundreds of pairs!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Your new shoes are great! I think Crocs are butt-ugly but those sandals are nice!
Their ugliness endears me
I have 2 pairs of regular Crocs...they're wonderful summer city shoes...gym shoes feel gross, but flip flops aren't enough protection