TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › stick with NUTRO dry or switch to a "non implicated" brand..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

stick with NUTRO dry or switch to a "non implicated" brand..

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I need food today . my kitten has been on Nutro dry for the past 10 months

switch brands ???????????????

to something like wiskies or friskies ( even though i was told they were junk food type foods ) atleast their company was implicated ..
post #2 of 13
They say the dry is safe so it is up to you, the dry may not even be manufactured at the same place as the wet

Personally, I called the food companies directly and am sticking with foods from companies not affiliated in any way with Menu Foods to be on the safe side
post #3 of 13
I am using Nutro dry ... as it is MADE IN A NUTRO OWNED factory .... I am not using any wet food from any one using Menu foods
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
you know for sure that it is made at a NUTRO OWNED PLANT ?
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanboy View Post
you know for sure that it is made at a NUTRO OWNED PLANT ?
I called them last week and I was told their dry foods are made at a different location with different products than their wet foods.
post #6 of 13
Nutro dry is safe to use and I wouldn't switch. I don't believe, from what I've read, that Nutro dry is manufactured at the implicated companies plant (menu foods). Menu foods manufactures canned foods. Cuts and gravy type pouched or canned foods take specialized equipment that is very expensive and that is the only reason they are processed at Menu Foods.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u View Post
Cuts and gravy type pouched or canned foods take specialized equipment that is very expensive and that is the only reason they are processed at Menu Foods.
Have you verified this>??? I was thinking that since why else would some companies competing in the marketplace be risky recipes being found out
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanboy View Post
you know for sure that it is made at a NUTRO OWNED PLANT ?
well yes since my mgr acct mgrs and their mgrs toured it
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Have you verified this>??? I was thinking that since why else would some companies competing in the marketplace be risky recipes being found out
It was on a website. I can't remember if it was a government website or other. I'll try to find it. But usually when a contractor, such as Menu Foods, takes on or represents multiple companies as they do, they sign confidentiality clauses and copy right clauses. So they have to protect the individual companies rights, or recipes in this case.

Update: Actually I found this information on a site that was some veternarian organizations. Someone here had posted a link so I'll have to find it.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u View Post
It was on a website. I can't remember if it was a government website or other. I'll try to find it. But usually when a contractor, such as Menu Foods, takes on or represents multiple companies as they do, they sign confidentiality clauses and copy right clauses. So they have to protect the individual companies rights, or recipes in this case.

Update: Actually I found this information on a site that was some veternarian organizations. Someone here had posted a link so I'll have to find it.
TY
post #11 of 13
Here's one of them I read. It's not the exact one that I was refering to and I'll contiue looking for that one too. I'm a bit crunched for time because my condo is being shown this afternoon and I have some last minute touches to make! Read the 2nd and 3rd FAQ's

Recall FAQs
post #12 of 13
http://www.nutroproducts.com/

the front page states where the dry busciuts and treats are made ...
post #13 of 13
and this was in an email I received from Nutro (that I also posted in another thread)

We also want to assure you that none of Nutro's dry foods, biscuits, or treats were affected by the recall and none are manufactured by Menu Foods.


Nutro dry is what I primarily feed, and I think based on all this info, I'm going to stay with it for now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › stick with NUTRO dry or switch to a "non implicated" brand..