Menu foods: list of products made by them, but not necessarily on the recall list?

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a list of foods made in the same plants as the recalled products, but not necessarily recalled yet? Or a list of brands who aren't made at the plant and don't use the same suppliers?

I've been reading around, but haven't found a link like this yet. Any kind of food that I could research and make sure it doesn't contain fish (3 of my cats can't have it).(Good quality or not is fine, as I need it to give meds)

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The source is from Pet food express.

Brands not made by Menu Foods and available for purchase are:

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul
Canidae/Felidae
Breeder's Choice/Pinnacle (except for Chicken and Oats formula which is made by Menu)
Castor & Pollux
Natural Balance
Solid Gold
Triumph/Evolve
Merrick
Kal Kan (Pedigree, Cesar, and Whiskas)
Brands made by Menu Foods with no recalled products, that do not contain wheat gluten, & have no reports of sick or dead pets, that are available for purchase with your informed consent are:

Nature's Variety
Wellness
Newman’s Own Organics
Wysong
Innova

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Felidea chn and rice fit s your bill

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
I'll see if I can get it locally. I didn't realize until a little while ago that Felidae made wet food, and didn't think about C & R
! (I am feeding them that and the Maxximum adult food from WM, as my hyper T cat needs to get a little weight back on, and of course they like it better
.)

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will continue singing Evanger's praises....their Turkey and Butternut Squash could be considered hypoallergenic, it's grain and by-product free, and it's appropriate for my cat who has IBD and chronic dental disease and is allergic to almost everything.

Most importantly, though, it's completey formulated and manufactured IN HOUSE by Evanger's in Evanger's very own plant, which I believe only produces Evanger's food and some small private labels.

http://www.evangersdogfood.com (their URL is confusing...YES, they sell CAT food. And the ONLY make wet...no dry)

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MamaKitties

The source is from Pet food express.

Brands not made by Menu Foods and available for purchase are:

My cat loves this brand! Canned and dry.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Castor & Pollux IS made by Menu Foods!

The info on their website says that though their food is made by Menu, it wasn't manufactured at the plant that's involved in the recall.

Why doesn't this make me feel better...

www.castorpolluxpet.com

heidinyny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Spoke with someone at Triumph this am who said that Triumph isn't on the recall, but does go through Menu Foods.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called their customer service line, and she reluctantly admited that their canned food IS made in a Menu plant. She assured me that it wasn't part of the recall, but I don't want anything made in a Menu plant right now.

I think my new rule is that if they don't flat out deny it on their web site, it is.

Maybe I'll just switch mine to totally dry until they sort all this nightmare out.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info- I wouldn't have thought to called a company not on the list just to check...
Makes you wonder how we can put so much trust into these companies ever again. Makes me afraid to even feed dry- because who knows what else could go wrong. This whole situation has created a sense of panic in me.
What about my birds pellets, or the vegetables I feed my turtle (like with the spinach thing awhile ago...)

I was talking to my mother the other day and she has had her 2 dogs on homemade food for like the last year, and I'm starting to really see something new in the food horizon for my pets...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got suspicious when web sites started posting that their food is safe and not part of the recall. But not stating they weren't made in Menu plants.

Trust me, you aren't the only one who's paranoid.

I've thought about home made and got recipes from Sharkey I will try when I get money for the ingredients and the food processor. However, what's to say that the food we use to make homemade isn't tainted in some way? It's just plain scary.

Anyway, Envangers and Solid Gold are not made in Menu Plant. Evangers has their own plant. Solid Gold doesn't have their own plant, but doesn't use Menu.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Felidea chn and rice fit s your bill
I'm suspicious of Felidae since their site only says they're aren't part of the recall. I think these companies are trying to skirt around the fact that they're using Menu and don't want us to know it. I didn't get to call them today.

According to Reps, Solid Gold and Evangers are not made by Menu. Eagle Pack canned is.

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think the folks at Howl911 were planning on making a list of foods that don't use Menu in any capacity, but I don't see it on the site yet. Kep checking maybe it will be up soon.

There is a good list in this blog entry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone may have already posted this, but I found this from Pet Food Express on the previous link (Thanks!
) that said it was either posted or updated at 1:30pm today:

http://www.petfoodexpress.com/petfoo...&Section=About

In a nutshell (but the link is worth reading
) :

AVAILABLE FOR SALE WITHOUT RESTRICTION

We are selling without restriction any brand that is not made by Menu Foods at all.

The brands included are:

Canidae/Felidae
Breeder's Choice/Pinnacle (except for Chicken and Oats formula which is made by Menu)
Natural Balance
Solid Gold
Triumph/Evolve
Merrick
Kal Kan (Pedigree, Cesar, and Whiskas)
ALL OF OUR DRY, DEHYDRATED, AND RAW FOODS ARE UNAFFECTED BY THE RECALL & ALL BRANDS ARE FULLY AVAILABLE FOR SALE
I hope the "at all" also includes the packaging- I wish there was some way of finding out who the suppliers to Menu foods were/are

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Someone may have already posted this, but I found this from Pet Food Express on the previous link (Thanks!
) that said it was either posted or updated at 1:30pm today:

http://www.petfoodexpress.com/petfoo...&Section=About

In a nutshell (but the link is worth reading
) :

I hope the "at all" also includes the packaging- I wish there was some way of finding out who the suppliers to Menu foods were/are
Triuph someone found is made by MENU

crt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had just posted on another thread that I was going to continue feeding Eagle Pac, not realizing it also Menu! I fed my girl Eagle Pac last night and this morning. I am not going to panic, but I will not be buying any more of it until this is over with. The choices are getting smaller and smaller.........

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trader Joe's is with you... recalling all their food because its from Menufoods but not the same plant.

These people made EVERYTHING... the original news reports were like they just made generic and store brand stuff, but bejebus, they make Wysong? Basically they make nearly all the wet food our pets eat in America, it seems, because the lists of brands just keeps growing and growing.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is the very short list of FOODS DOcutmented not to be made by menu...

Solid gold

Natural balence

Fromms

the Delmonte brands including meow mix

chicken soup

pinnicle / avoderm / breeders choice

merrick

others either gave conflicting reports or vague ones

Kal KAn