Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul???

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey guys!

Okay, so I just heard about this food, and thought I'd see what you guys thought about it.

I was considering trying it out, because we've been looking for something that's healthier than what our babes are currently getting (which is Purina Cat Chow Naturals).

So...tell me what you guys think.

to all!

Rosie*

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my boys love it
We switched about a month ago and they haven't had any problems adjusting. The price is great and it doesn't have a bunch of fillers like corn. I give it two thumbs up

They don't like the wet chicken soup though, just dry

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken soup is a good food for the person who wants to feed their cats a good food on a budget. It has more grain than some other foods, but overall, its a great food and my cats do well on it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love it!! I've had my kitties on it for over a year now, and I have never had kitties with such beautiful fur, plus they really seem to like it. I usually pay about $20 for an 18lb bag and for that price you absolutely cannot beat the quality. I also tried the canned, but my bunch turns up their noses at pate, so it was a no-go. I highly highly highly recommend Chicken Soup

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hiya Rosie!

I used to feed Chicken Soup to the kittens. Eve did fantastic on it. Lily did much better on it than she had on Eukanuba, but was still a bit gassy. I think I've seen a little improvement since switching to California Natural a few months ago, but I'm trying Nutro dry now.

If it wasn't for Lily's issues, I'd still feed Chicken Soup!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm been feeding my crew Chicken Soup for about four months now and they're all doing great on it. I've never seen their coats so shiny!

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just know their canned food is manufactuered by a co-mfg that is certified by AIB (American Institute of Baking), which is a certification process required when handling human grade food. I believe this company is own by Diamond Pet. I wonder if other co-mfg are also certified by AIB. I wonder if it'e even difficult to get that. Anyone works in the food industry?

deelovely79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you e-mail the Chicken Soup people they will send you samples of the dry. So far my cats like it, I'll probably switch them to that after they finish their Wellness.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has been on Chicken Soup canned and dry since she was a kitten & loves the food!
I like it too b/c of the reasonable price for a quality food.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MamaKitties

I just know their canned food is manufactuered by a co-mfg that is certified by AIB (American Institute of Baking), which is a certification process required when handling human grade food. I believe this company is own by Diamond Pet. I wonder if other co-mfg are also certified by AIB. I wonder if it'e even difficult to get that. Anyone works in the food industry?
Isn't Diamond the brand that was involved in the previous recall?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

Isn't Diamond the brand that was involved in the previous recall?
Yes... but evan then chn soup wasnt effected

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had read that one should avoid cat food that has "meal" as an ingredient, but even the high end foods have chicken meal as the third or fourth ing.
chicken soup for the pet lovers soul, dry cat food has chicken meal as the third ingredient. what's so bad about chicken meal?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueheart

I had read that one should avoid cat food that has "meal" as an ingredient, but even the high end foods have chicken meal as the third or fourth ing.
chicken soup for the pet lovers soul, dry cat food has chicken meal as the third ingredient. what's so bad about chicken meal?
by product meal you should avoid... chicken meal , lamb meal , beef meal are mearly concetrated meat sources ... see ingrediants are on the label in the raw form ... chicken losses up to 70% of its wt when cooked ... chn meal doesnt ... I like to see both on a label

chicken 1lb =1lb before cooking after it likely weighs .4 of a lb

chicken meal 1lb = 5lbs fresh ...

junglebutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put my cats on chicken soup and they went for it like crazy they ate it and wanted more and more and more and it made the litter box smell horrific and they had diahrea and threw it up a lot. Sir Bobbles-A-Lot, I have never seen throw up until I put them on that food! It was an overall bad situation so I donated the rest of it to my shelter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the recommendations, guys! Sounds like a real winner, overall. I'm happy to see Chicken as the first ingredient with Chicken Meal as the second.

P.S. HIGH NATURESTEE!!

sammie's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Sammie and Crosby both eat the dry~ adult formula. They like it and they look amazing! At times they can be a little gassy but as i've learned with my dogs you've got to give them time to adjust to it. A couple months at least. +is its an affordable food.

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been feeding the canned kitten formula since Monday, and my little girl Lily eats it up. She even duped me less than an hour ago when I stopped by my fiance's house to drop off more cans. She gave me the "But I'm starving" look and cries, so I put down food for her. Fiance called me when he got off work and said he'd fed her at lunchtime and she had pulled a fast one on me

Big brother Bee even went crazy for the food, and he's refused wet food for over a year!

Last year I got a sample bag of the dry and it gave Bee serious diarrhea and gas, but no problems with the canned as of yet.