NUTRO dry - in light of all the problems

sanboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my 11 month old is on nutro dry kitten ...

and i was about to start switching her over to regular CAT NUTRO

i know wet is supposed to be the only thing effected .. but as a owner you have to atleast think about possibly stopping purchasing the dry s well

same company -- yada yada .. never know if they are careless with the wet .. coudl happen with the dry ....

I started with NUTO because everyone said all the " junk " foods like Friskies and meow mix .. were not as good .. but if you look at the recalls .. all of them are clean with 0 recalls ..

makes you think

what to do ..

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still feeding Nutro dry. I DID notice it went up $5 in price at my local pet store since this horrible recall. Anyone else noticing a Nutro price increase?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sanboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i havent been . going today to check

i just get nervous when the same company is having recalls on food .. it might only be the wet .. but its still the same company .. and if they let somethng like that slip in wet .. who knows ..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

I am still feeding Nutro dry. I DID notice it went up $5 in price at my local pet store since this horrible recall. Anyone else noticing a Nutro price increase?
I have seen a jump since jan .. around here

My two who eat some dry are still eating Nutro just no canned till this gets straightened out

somewhere posted is an article that states only Iams has actually been connected ( maybe it was them testing a "new" food .... but the other makers pulled product as a precaution.. i am avoiding anything made in any menu plants right now

himmielove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
$5 extra per bag!?

That is so funny because on Saturday I noticed at my petsmart that Nutro Dry was onsale because I contimplated buying it.
I have about 2 days left of thier dry food, then I don't know what I am going to do. I don't think I should have to pay and extra $5 a bag because this company thought it would be ok to "trial test" our animals with contaminated wet food.

That is just disturbing to me.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by himmielove

$5 extra per bag!?

That is so funny because on Saturday I noticed at my petsmart that Nutro Dry was onsale because I contimplated buying it.
I have about 2 days left of thier dry food, then I don't know what I am going to do. I don't think I should have to pay and extra $5 a bag because this company thought it would be ok to "trial test" our animals with contaminated wet food.

That is just disturbing to me.
Well, I'm not sure that the price has increased everywhere--but it definitely has here.