Need to Vent/Want to Cry

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to start this by saying it is not my mom I am mad at. Mom went to the emergency room yesterday with back pain, it turned out to be spasm's. Got a call from dear sis yesterday saying I have to come up this weekend she has a bridal shower. (I was going anyway). Now my mom and dad live in the same house as sis, brother in law and 2 grown boys 20, 21. All work. Mom called me today and asked me to come up for a week! I couldn't say no, she sounds terrible and I'm sure dad could use a break.
I am venting because there are 4 other people in that house and not one of them would give either one of my parents any help
I live 3 hours away, I have 2 herniated discs in my back and spinal arthritis, sleeping on an air matress is not going to help but they could not care less because "they have lives". I am not considered to have a life since I don't have children.
Sorry I just needed to vent.
Thanks for listening

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you need a hug
Its ok we all need to vent about our sibling sometimes, my brother makes me watch his kids ALL the time when he needs it and its conveniant for him not for me for him so I know how u feel ! I think thats great that u are going to go hlep ur mom out when no one else wants to and ur dad needs a break, but is thee a way that u can get someones bed or something because of your back? Sleeping on an air matress isnt going to help u out at all
But cheer up I hope u feel better soon
We all need to vent sometime or another

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think your siblings are being fair to you. I would not go if I were you, but if you already were going anyway, go this time. Next time tell them you have a life of your own and don't need to have kids to prove it. Don't let them step all over you or they will continually take advantage. Just my 2 cents :-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

I think you need a hug
Its ok we all need to vent about our sibling sometimes, my brother makes me watch his kids ALL the time when he needs it and its conveniant for him not for me for him so I know how u feel ! I think thats great that u are going to go hlep ur mom out when no one else wants to and ur dad needs a break, but is thee a way that u can get someones bed or something because of your back? Sleeping on an air matress isnt going to help u out at all
But cheer up I hope u feel better soon
We all need to vent sometime or another
Nope, no other bed, the basement where the kids ususally sleep is under construction so 1 is sleeping on the couch and the other is upstairs on another couch.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are being very inconsiderate to you and your parents. I don't understand how they don't feel bad about living WITH your parents and still not helping out.