Apologizing to meowmy

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Skinny is quiet and laid back most of the time. But when it comes to meal time she does not like the others to get too near me. The other day, QT brushed against my leg while I was fixing their meals. Skinny of course swatted at her but her claws ended up scratching me instead. It drew blood and I was not in the best of moods, so I loudly scolded Skinny - "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THAT? YOU ARE A BAD GIRL!!!BLAHBLAHBLAH" -
Skinny began meowing sweetly, sitting and looking at me like she was about to cry. Even when I stopped talking and feeding her last (she's second in line), she continued meowing, sitting, looking at me and not moving.
Well, I ended up feeling bad. The scratch wasn't too bad either.
BTW, after this incident, she still gets angry with the others during meal time but she makes sure I'm out of reach.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think at the very least she felt bad because she saw you were mad at her. She likes you to be calm, and she's upset when you're upset. I don't know if she connects the swat with your reaction (because she intended it for the other cat), though I guess she could.

She has a connection to how you're feeling, for sure. She read your tone of voice just as easily as you're reading my post!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
They understand us all too well. She did feel sorry that you were hurt.

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww......she knows she was wrong to hurt you. That's just so adorable. She loves you very much. I'm sure she didn't mean to hurt you.

Yep, I think my cats can read my mind! It's scary. When they are doing something they are not suppose to do, I just look at them and they look at me, and tries to talk to me then walks away with their heads down. hahaha

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Skinny began meowing sweetly, sitting and looking at me like she was about to cry. Even when I stopped talking and feeding her last (she's second in line), she continued meowing, sitting, looking at me and not moving.
I can only imagine the "I'm sorry" face she gave you! Bless her heart!

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy used to apologize all the time (mostly because before his IBS was under control, he would poop or throw up on the floor all the time). He wouldn't necessarily talk to us, and once we realized why he was having problem, we stopped scolding him and told him it was okay because he was sick. However, he would still come up to us while cleaning up and just gave this LOOK. It was really sweet... and he still does it on occasion, depending on how he's behaving.