What to do.... need some ideas :)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, after overcoming MONTHS of sadness and mild depression because of my 6 months of unemployment, bad interviews, losing Davidson and a family member- I'm finally back on top of the world again, and me and my friend were talking and she's in the same position I was, and she wants to get a tattoo- I and I'm thinking of doing the same, something to mark my milestone with. My happiness/sadness/ this point in my life.

I was thinking of getting a tattoo in memory of Davidson- something small, like a fairy or an angel, but I'm not sure? And then I was thinking of getting my cartlidge pierced in my ear... I'm not sure what to do...if I go with the tattoo route- what do you think I shouuld get to honor him and this point in my life with? I've been searching but I can't find anything and I'm lost with ideas

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any great ideas for the tat, but I would like to say don't make it a spur-of-the-moment thing!
Think hard about it, 'cos you going to have it for a long while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I know, I'm gonna think about it- I already have one on my back

Thats why I am asking for any type of suggestion/photos, because I really don't have any idea what I want

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Tattoos, I would always ask if 20 years down the road will you still want it??

Anyhoo, what about a butterfly with his stripes?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

With Tattoos, I would always ask if 20 years down the road will you still want it??

Anyhoo, what about a butterfly with his stripes?
Oohh that butterfly idea is a cool one!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, don't get a tatoo until you find something that you REALLY love. Have you gone to a tatoo place and looked at some of the options?

We have a friend who has a dragon wrapped about the calf of his leg and it's really amazing.

I'm SO glad things are looking up for you!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
with all the pics you have of Davidson, i bet you could find one that would make a great tattoo. If you can find someone who is good enough to do it

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Kenz, I thought about doing this for
Bella
...but I want the girl on Miami Ink to do it...have you ever seen any of her memorial tattos they are gorgeous
I posted this in another thread somewhere
But I want to go down there sometime and get one done by Ami or Nunez. I saw one once somewhere of a sad fairy/angel crying, sitting on a moon crest holding a single star. I want that so so very badly in memory of Davidson, and the others in my family that I've lost

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I agree, don't get a tatoo until you find something that you REALLY love. Have you gone to a tatoo place and looked at some of the options?
I've been to MANY shops before (like I said, I already have one other tattoo) and I don't want something someone else has. I want something different and unique

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think a little angel would be really nice to remember that Davidson and other special people you have lost are looking down watching you.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh I know, I'm gonna think about it- I already have one on my back

Thats why I am asking for any type of suggestion/photos, because I really don't have any idea what I want
My daughter was almost murdered in 2000, so after that I wanted to get a tat to sort of memorialize her and our mother/daughter relationship. I was a single mom and she is my only child, so it felt important to me to get a tat to represent that.

It took 3 full years before I saw the right tattoo: a black and white photograph taken in the 1960s of Elsa the lioness posed with one of her lion cubs just under her chin like a madonna portrait.

As soon as I saw it, I just KNEW. That was the tattoo. I got it the following year, and love it to pieces - it is about 8 x 10 on my back.

I think you might be best off waiting for the right tattoo as far as remembering Davidson - unless you choose to get a tattoo of HIM. You have some fabulous photos of him as a kitten, some great face shots that you could use.

Otherwise, I'd say get something to celebrate the positive turn in your life and wait on getting one for him. When you find the right piece, you'll know, but I would absolutely not rush it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you instead perhaps thought of donating money to an animal shelter for a permanent memorial in his honor?? The shelter in Green Bay has a pet memorial garden that you have have bricks in your pets name -the local Botanical garden has a memory grove where you can have your loved ones names etched in the columns of the sculpture the have.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about a star- because Davidson was and is your shining star.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Have you instead perhaps thought of donating money to an animal shelter for a permanent memorial in his honor?? The shelter in Green Bay has a pet memorial garden that you have have bricks in your pets name -the local Botanical garden has a memory grove where you can have your loved ones names etched in the columns of the sculpture the have.
That's wonderful...I didn't know there were places that did that.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

And then I was thinking of getting my cartlidge pierced in my ear...
FYI, doing that really, really hurts!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about just his name scrolled in a really beautiful cursive with a heart on either side of it?

That would be cute I think...in little form. Not a huge tattoo or anything..his name is too long for that