What have I done?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is the post I responded to this morning:

"Hello everyone. I was leaving for work this morning at about 6 am; it was raining, dark, and cold, and I heard an incessant mewing. "mew! mew! mew!!"

I looked in the direction it was coming from, and across the parking lot, I saw this tiny white fuzz ball running towards me. "MEW! MEW! MEW!!"

It came right to me, soaking wet, crying & crying, and I picked him up, and gave him a look-over. He looks like a Siamese, but I'm pretty sure isn't. Just has the markings. He's fluffy, has an adorable face, bright blue eyes -- a total cutie pie! I'd of course keep him, but I've just adopted a dog over the weekend from craigslist, plus I've got cats! ..So my place is filled up unfortunately. He is so precious, I just want to keep him all to myself

I'm charging a re-homing fee, we can negotiate this when we meet. I want him to go to a FOREVER HOME. I don't want to see this cat being bounced around from home-to-home, or ending up a stray again.. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY! He is super affectionate, and loves to be close & cuddly. When I get home I will give him a nice bath, clip his nails, and get him all prim & proper for you! I am at work, so I have no pic yet, but I promise you he's a complete doll! I think "he" might be a she, I didn't check yet. S/he is of course not neutered; s/he's much too young. Most likely doesn't have shots. Seems like s/he was born a month or so ago, and is a stray.. poor thing!!! Come get this adorable little baby! If I get no responses, I will have no choice but to take it to the pound, and that's something I'm REALLY not looking forward to. Give her/him a good life!"

Soooo, I responded and told her I may be able to help find a home for this baby and congratulated her on taking this little one in. She wrote back, said the kitten is a female and told me someone was coming to pick him up tonight. THEN, she emails again and says that person backed out and she is desperate. Cannot have the kitten inside (other critters and a boyfriend). She has 2 older cats and a 6 month old kitten. So, I tell her I would help her look for someone to take the kitten. Then, I told her I would come pick her up if needed! I don't know when those words came from. I never meant to say that. I don't even have a car and she is about 10 miles away as the crow flies!

Anyway, called my sister and she is willing to take me out there tonight after her daughter's piano recital. WHAT HAVE I DONE? I was looking for a more mature cat. Sebastian will either kill me in my sleep or fall in love with the little one. It will be a week or so until I can get them both to the vet. What if they give one another some terrible disease? Have mercy, I think I have lost my marbles. How soon after 40 does this occur?

Please, someone talk me out of this. I have about 2 hours until I see her.

Here is a photo of the baby the woman took after giving her a bath.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahh, I don't think anyone here is going to talk you out of it!

What a beautiful baby. How can you not just melt when you see those eyes?
Hopefully she'll settle in in time, and Sebastian will fall in love with her too.

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Until you can get the little one to the vet I would keep them seperated. You never know if it has FeLV or FIV or anything else for that matter. Ohh, and definately no sharing of the litter box incase he has internal parasites....

and don't worry... even if they dont like each other at first, they will warm up to one another... I have 9 cats at my house right now (2 are fosters looking for homes) and they all get along just fine.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sweet!!! What are you going to call her?

Keep them separate until you get to the vet, just in case.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh she's a beauty! I wish I could have her...but that's definitely out of the question.

Good luck with her & Sebastian...
Hilda>^..^<

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
o my what a cutie she is...and well I am not one to talk someone out of giving a kittie a new home
I am hoping all goes well and I am sure if u give it time Sebastion will fall in love with her, I know I did
and well it might take some time but sooner or later it will all be fine, we have 6 cats here adn well it started with 2 willie pretty much stays distant except on occasion adn the others just love each other, although bella has that "calico attitude"
but u are not crazy at all because if u were crazy what would that make me
but she is a cutie for sure, and who knows she might be way more mature than what u all know
be sure to keep us updated and let us know what happens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, did ya notice Seb's pic in my sig compared to her face? Oh lordy I am in trouble. Look at those little alien-lookin ears.

I haven't worried about worms in years. I wonder if she needs deworming? What do you buy for that naowadays? What type of food? With this recall I've just figured out what not to feed Seb. This is gonna be an adventure.

I figure a name will come to me. Seb's name is Sebastian Alexander, so probably something long and kinda regal sounding

The woman said it looks as though some of her whiskers were burned and she was all greasy in addition to being wet and muddy. Poor little thing. She certainally wasn't shy. She had that woman pegged as a cat-lover in about 5 seconds.

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When he goes to the vet they should do a fecal test on him. If he comes up positive for anything they can give him a dewormer. As for the food... I would go with just dry kitten food for now.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shorty14788

Until you can get the little one to the vet I would keep them seperated. You never know if it has FeLV or FIV or anything else for that matter...
Worth repeating!

It sounds like she was meant to be yours. She's a sweetie!

When we got Sparkle from the SPCA (eight weeks old), our old Oberon took her under his wing and became protective grandpa! He took it upon himself to teach her and watch out for her. It was really neat.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talk you OUT of it??? Are you KIDDING???

Of course I could see her new name as...Sweetie. 'Cause that's just what she looks like.

I'm about to adopt my 5th cat. I always thought cats were best taken in 1s or 2s. But in this particular case, I figure, I don't need another cat...

...but this cat needs me...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No way would I talk you out of it!!!! The little one needs a home, and you were looking for a kitty, so I think it's perfect.

This little straggly thing is going to be one beautiful cat once she's cleaned up, and I think will be a wonderful match for Sebastian.

Go for it!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. Got her. She is a bit older than the woman said. I think she is probably about six months which could mean pregnant. Will have to get her in asap.

Right now am trying to fix up the bathroom for her. She and Seb sniffed through the carrier with no tension. From what I can tell, she is Siamese mix with some tabby/tortie markings - kinda muted spotting. Her coat is pretty greasy still. Will post pics in Fur pics when I get her cleaned up a bit.

Her whiskers are rather funky looking, some are curled at the ends and her eyebrows look shorter than they should be. Time will tell.

She's a lover and very opinionated. Tells me all about her day and it has not been a good one
She nibbles on my fingers some but not hard.

That's it for now I think. We're all tired. Hope she does okay tonight. I gotta sleep.
Oh, an ya'll flunk the talking-me-out-of-it challenge

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Thank you all. Got her. She is a bit older than the woman said. I think she is probably about six months which could mean pregnant. Will have to get her in asap.

Right now am trying to fix up the bathroom for her. She and Seb sniffed through the carrier with no tension. From what I can tell, she is Siamese mix with some tabby/tortie markings - kinda muted spotting. Her coat is pretty greasy still. Will post pics in Fur pics when I get her cleaned up a bit.

Her whiskers are rather funky looking, some are curled at the ends and her eyebrows look shorter than they should be. Time will tell.

She's a lover and very opinionated. Tells me all about her day and it has not been a good one
She nibbles on my fingers some but not hard.

That's it for now I think. We're all tired. Hope she does okay tonight. I gotta sleep.
Oh, an ya'll flunk the talking-me-out-of-it challenge
Goal acheived

But I am so happy that all is going well and well that was a good sign no tension in between the carrier and such
And opinionated is good most of the time
I am sure she will be fine tonite, but idk if ull get much sleep with her opinions
but its ok shes had a rough day/week who knows how long but shes had it rough

But bless ur heart for taken her in
I cant wait to see more pics