Your cat's favorite toys

5siamese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cats are no longer youngsters and they are not as easily stimulated as they once used to be. They all used to fetch, but now exept for one that is a fetch freak, they rarely do it. The only thing that gets them excited is the fishing pole. I would like to get your opinion on hihgly stimulating toys for your cats. I really think it is important for them to get more physical and mental exercise. I appreciate your advice.
Irena

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mine are still babies but they go crazy for laser pointers and their 'YEOW' catnip banana.

queenfe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Milli has empty toilet roll holders, caps and now found out loves to play with straws.
Has a mouse that one pulls a string and lil mouse runs around and Milli loves that.
But to be honest, Milli really loves caps.
sharon

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses has those "Fishing Pole" toys. One with ribbons on the end and one with feathers. She destroyed the feathers one so we took it away, but because she stopped chewing on them I gave it back and she seems to prefer that one more.

She also has a ton of those "Midnight Crazies" plastic balls with the bell inside and an interactive mouse that squeaks when you move it.

I'm still looking for something that will simulate a fly. She goes nuts for those. I guess she loves protein

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maia goes nuts with the fur toy mice, I just bought her one that is bigger then normal and she has been going nuts with it for 2 days! I also set up boxes stuck in one another to form a long hall way and she runs back and forth through it!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the fur toy mice, and it has to be ones they can pick up in their mouth and or well any cat nip toy, but we love mice
that all stormie plays with now and bella who really doesn play with toys i noticed is playing with these toy mice i got at giant eagle I got 5 in a pack and o my she goes nuts for that and the cat nip toys, and willie who is 11 years old just loves cat nip toys and well string they all love string

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Maia goes nuts with the fur toy mice, I just bought her one that is bigger then normal and she has been going nuts with it for 2 days! I also set up boxes stuck in one another to form a long hall way and she runs back and forth through it!
Reeses had those too but she destroyed them. The one she has now is really huge so she can't do much to it.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Reeses had those too but she destroyed them. The one she has now is really huge so she can't do much to it.
Your signature is hysterical!

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
laser pointer and mousies...the balls not so much but mousies oh yeah!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Da Bird is the only toy that all 5 of my cats love. Their ages range from 5 months to 12 years. Other wise feathers and fur are quite popular but not with all of my cats. And catnip filled toys.

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Humphrey likes scourers! You know what you wash pots with, i cannot leave any in the sink cos he has them and leaves a trail of water behind him!! He also pinched some from the neighbours as he does go outside. Another favourite is bottle lids, all the toys I have bought him he has trashed and no longer interested in them.

Give him a scourer any day!!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those who have laser pointers, where did you find cheap ones? Maybe I made the mistake by looking at Radioshack, but I could only find ones $10 & up...too pricey for a cat toy, even if it IS electronic

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eppie loves those furry mice (she bites the tails off of them!). I hear that torties are especially good mousers, so that makes sense.
Cosette loves these little cat toys that kind of look like those plastic rings that go around OJ containers (but are safe for cats). She chases those around all day.
Of course, the best toy one cat can have is another cat! My girls get SO much exercise just chasing each other around all day!!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) fur mice
2) bottle caps
3) balled up pieces of paper or foil pom-poms (they don't fetch, but they play with them the same as the fur mice)
4) Da Bird (they like other fishing pole toys, but this is the king of all toys for my kids)--I have replaced the feathers twice already
5) turbo ball (this is a ping pong ball in a track, they tend to attack this after a little catnip)

Much to my horror, I found out about this one last night:
6) the run away blueberry...my husband dropped one and Stan was having a grand old time batting it around the kitchen. Luckily I got it away from him before he squashed it and spread blueberry goodness all over the carpet!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my little PHX LOVES the ummm circle thingy that you take off of milk jugs. not the lid itself- but the stupid circle thing- sorry I don't know what its called! Yeah- he LOVES them- I will see him running up and down the stairs all day when I give him a new one and then I think he stashes them somewhere because I never see them again until the next gallon is opened! He loves those fishing poles SO much - but I keep buying them and he's so strong he keeps breaking the string in half! I really like the poles that have a suction cup on them so I can put them up high on our sliding glass doors. It's hesterical! Umm he likes golf tees, and this little fish thing filled with catnip. Really he likes anything we leave on the counter. Especially cell phones, keys, and change out of our pocket! He's a character!!!!!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

For those who have laser pointers, where did you find cheap ones? Maybe I made the mistake by looking at Radioshack, but I could only find ones $10 & up...too pricey for a cat toy, even if it IS electronic
I found my laser pointer at a convienance store for like 5.99 or so. The problem- is that they are cheap and after awhile they stop working. They would work but the light would be soooo dim the cat can't see it! I would recommend you getting a more expensive one because they last longer- and have brighter lights. Also, I saw last night that Petsmart had them- but I didn't see how much they cost!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

my little PHX LOVES the ummm circle thingy that you take off of milk jugs. not the lid itself- but the stupid circle thing- sorry I don't know what its called! Yeah- he LOVES them- I will see him running up and down the stairs all day when I give him a new one and then I think he stashes them somewhere because I never see them again until the next gallon is opened!
PetStages (I think that's the company's name) makes toy versions of these that are safe for kitties (they are Cosette's absolute favorite toys!). I've seen them at PetSmart, but I'm sure you can find them at any store that sells PetStages toys!!

stephenie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All Of the Cats love the Da Bird, Old and young. I would just make sure you hide it, as mine will drag it around the house if they can.

The second one would be, Real Fur Mice, my older cat will break open the cheese shape box to get in them.

ptnfl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't know if it's appropriate to post this here but I absolutely love your Wanted Poster. Adorable!!!