Bit of a rant...

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some you may know from reading my post in the cats & other animal forum, I lost my sweet rattie girl Rosie during a surgical procedure to get a biopsy on Friday

Well on that day we had an ice storm and we couldn't get back to the vet's office to pick up the pet carrier and a paw print they made of her paw....my sister stopped by the office today and they had no idea of what she was talking about, they didn't have the carrier or her paw print! They searched the office a few times and they are not there!
It's only been 4 days since I dropped it off, so they shouldn't have gotten rid of it this soon!

That was our last carrier, we had more but lent them out and never got them back. But what I really wanted was her paw print....

Thanks for listening.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What did they do with it? They must have known you'd pick it up! They couldn't wait a few days? Sheesh. Was it someone new maybe and they didn't know where things were kept?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seriously I would really raise heck over there.

Most of the places I've gone to keep the animal and their things UNTIL you pick them up.

One of those vet techs better start digging in the dumpster for you...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the lateness of my reply, the computer keyboard went on the fritz!

Well, it seems it is a lost cause to get those things back because they are not there apparently. I guess I'm not really complaining, just disappointed.

My vet is good though and I'm not mad. They didn't change me for the surgery or anything.

Thanks everyone.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That just can't happen..I would really be throwing a big stink about that..I hope that they are able to find it...

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You should have a chat with the vet about this. By expressing how this has affected you and how disappointed you are, it should prompt them to be more careful with someone else's belonging next time. Also, I just don't understand how these items could go missing. It would be terrible if someone at the vet's office knows what happened to them but isn't fessing up - I hope that's not the case.

So sorry you have to go through this!

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are in my thoughts. For your loss and for the loss of the paw print - those can't be replaced....the carrier is an inconvenience that is not needed....but the paw print thats just insensitive and I would most certainly talk to your vet....he should make sure his staff has the peoples feelings as high on their priority list as your pets care. JMO

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furry4fury

...but the paw print thats just insensitive and I would most certainly talk to your vet....he should make sure his staff has the peoples feelings as high on their priority list as your pets care.
I couldn't agree more.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry!
Not only do you loose a baby, but then you don't even get her pawprint!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, forgot to update!

Last week when Shoops (ferret) went in for emergency surgery, my sister mentioned to the vet about the carrier and paw print being lost and she (the vet) looked for them until she found them! So now we have them both back...I'm happy i finally got Rosie's paw print.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

Sorry, forgot to update!

Last week when Shoops (ferret) went in for emergency surgery, my sister mentioned to the vet about the carrier and paw print being lost and she (the vet) looked for them until she found them! So now we have them both back...I'm happy i finally got Rosie's paw print.
Yay! Congrats on you getting everything back

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still very sorry for your loss of your rattie I have a rattie named Lilly and they are very special little dogs.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe, I am very glad that you got your items back! I knew they couldn't have just disappeared.