Gonna try to learn to crochet

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a neighbor who knows how to crochet, so I am gonna go to her house one day this week and try and learn, I wanna crochet my new grandbaby some stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ooooooooh good luck Belinda!! Show us what you end up making
I will if I learn how, I hope my fingers don't get all tangled up with each other.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I hope my fingers don't get all tangled up with each other.
They will, but that's okay! You can do it
I can crochet afghans but have never learned the finer things like sweaters or booties. It is on my list to learn someday. Would love to see what you make!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck Belinda! I learned years ago from a neighbor too! Only, she was about 18 at the time and righthanded...I was..uh...much older than that...and left handed! It was hard for me cuz I had to turn everything around that she'd do and do it in the opposite direction!
...I hope that's not the case for you! I did learn though and although I can't make sweaters & booties and stuff like that, I can crochet up a mean afghan...

Good luck!
Hilda>^..^<

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful, Belinda! It's actually quite easy to do, and works up really fast (much quicker than knitting)! I'm sure you'll love it and make lots of great little things for your new grandbaby!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I can crochet afghans but have never learned the finer things like sweaters or booties. It is on my list to learn someday. Would love to see what you make!
see it wasnt that hard for me to learn and i didnt get that tangled up
i learned when i was in my single digit ages somewhere between 4 and 8
dont remember exactly but I just know how to make afghans! But it isnt hard at all to learn, my mom taught me and my eldest brother but I havent done it for a while...to bad its almost spring I think imma start in summer and make my one friends baby a afghan
its been so long I miss it

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome!! I love to crochet and make up my own patterns. If you need any further help, just send me a PM.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to crochet. If you have any questions, just ask. My MIL tried to teach me to tat but I gave up on that.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Can you make me a Camel car afghan?????
You betcha Neet, it probably wouldn't be that hard to do

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I love to crochet. If you have any questions, just ask. My MIL tried to teach me to tat but I gave up on that.
I really like crocheting though the only project I've finished was the afghan for my BIL's wedding. I taught myself to tat - but it is so intricate that it takes a lot of time to do a little medallion. Usually, I will do Christmast ornaments.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what sort of project I want to do next. I'm like advanced beginner so a lot of the patterns seem a little too advanced.

Good luck and have fun.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I just wanna learn how to do a afghan first

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are going to take it up i suggest you learn to speak posh. It isn't crochet...it's crotch-et!! because it sounds funny......

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

If you are going to take it up i suggest you learn to speak posh. It isn't crochet...it's crotch-et!! because it sounds funny......

I can't speak no other language but English