I complain about Trout's attitude but....

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somehow when it comes to clipping her nails, she is the most patient, sweet girl I could ever hope for. She just sits there and doesn't hiss or bite, or make any mention of aggressive behaviour
I love my girl so much

It just leads me to wonder why she hisses and bites other times..and not when I am seemingly torturing her by clipping her nails

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Somehow when it comes to clipping her nails, she is the most patient, sweet girl I could ever hope for. She just sits there and doesn't hiss or bite, or make any mention of aggressive behaviour
I love my girl so much

It just leads me to wonder why she hisses and bites other times..and not when I am seemingly torturing her by clipping her nails
I can't do that, we carry Opie to the vet to get that done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh when the vet gets ahold of Trout, her nails are all but nonexistant...He clips them goooooooood

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger struggles at first, but then becomes completely passive when she realizes it's clipping time.

Isn't it nice when they sit still so you can care for them?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Löki and Jacob are both very good boys about getting their nails done, but only if I do them!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trout likes a manicure!!!!!

Whereas Smudge is a little sweetheart and so friendly, but unless she's completely fast asleep she mews and grunts and squirms and makes the biggest fuss!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She likes manicures, how cute! Maia sometimes amazes me and lets me do an entire paw, once both in one shot! Usually its a couple each time, then she gets really aggravated and won't let me finish, I think because she can with me!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ha....yeh we call it the rape seen when Jenny gets her nails done....it's horrible. 2 of the other cats are really good and the other 2 are managable with a second person.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Well you are lucky, Sophia just about Kills me when I clip her nails...She screams bloody murder and wraps her claws around my hand...Fun Times!!
yes I know that feeling.....
have you guys ever heard of a prolapsed anus? well Jenny gets that after she poos and then it does back in...not as serious as some cats...but when ever we do her nail we usually don't finish cuz her butt hole starts coming out...so we stop before it gets out..goodtimes
(my poor little jenny
)

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baylee is like that... she's actually a well-tempered cat most of the time and I can hold her on her back like a baby and walk around if I want to. She let's my clip her nails and once I even painted them for funsies. :eek:) She looked fabulous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

yes I know that feeling.....
have you guys ever heard of a prolapsed anus? well Jenny gets that after she poos and then it does back in...not as serious as some cats...but when ever we do her nail we usually don't finish cuz her butt hole starts coming out...so we stop before it gets out..goodtimes
(my poor little jenny
)
Um, TMI..

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys are the easiest cats in the world to trim their claws (and brush their teeth). For Spike, it's just as good as being pet (because you have to cuddle him to do it), and he likes having his feet played with. With Oz, it's more like he realizes that the sooner he sucks it up and lets us trim his claws, the sooner it's done and he can get on with important Oz-business (e.g. sleeping).

Former roommates of ours have two cats. One hisses, scratches and is a general PITA every time you try to trim her claws (she got me good across my throat -- it looked like someone tried to kill me!). The other gets so worked up that he pees himself, so you have to wrap him up in a towel to keep yourself from getting wet. Those two kitties might be generally more well-behaved that my guys, but I haven't yet had people ask me if I've been assaulted nor have I had to clean urine out of my clothing as a result of trimming my kitties' claws!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine both hate having their nails clipped and their soft claws put on.
It takes two of us and we still have trouble doing it sometimes.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaz really hates any kind of grooming, which sucks since she's a longhair.
I cradle her like a baby for her claw trimming, and she sits still, and doesn't struggle, or hiss or bite, but she cries as though I'm killing her