TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Wellness Core
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wellness Core

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Has anyone seen this in Canada? I called all the stores near me (at home and work) to see if they have it and with the exception of two, they didn't know about it.

I am interested in getting some for the boys to try
post #2 of 20
I haven't come across that product, but I will be looking in my area as it sounds very good. I'll let you know if I find it.
While searching for it, I came across this product which I felt I must share!
http://www.petacular.com/products/Hi...itter-Box.html
Man, I gotta get me one of those.
post #3 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
Has anyone seen this in Canada? I called all the stores near me (at home and work) to see if they have it and with the exception of two, they didn't know about it.

I am interested in getting some for the boys to try

never seen it but it looks good!
post #4 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushylady View Post
I haven't come across that product, but I will be looking in my area as it sounds very good. I'll let you know if I find it.
While searching for it, I came across this product which I felt I must share!
http://www.petacular.com/products/Hi...itter-Box.html
Man, I gotta get me one of those.
My local store agreed to 'look into special ordering it' if my boys like it
I want one of those, we could do with another litter box!
post #5 of 20
Well, you better be prepared to cough up $99 for it! I'm thinking maybe I could get creative with an old planter...
As for the food, I've found the 2 stores I use (Global & Ryan's and PetValu) to be helpful about ordering in. And this stuff is definitely available in Canada from as I saw on that website.
post #6 of 20
Thread Starter 
Our local Pet Valu are great, if they have it in stock but are generally not willing to order anything in (it took a year of complaining before they got WBCL)

Global on the other hand is my pet store of choice (plus the local one has the best kitties!). She said she would have to check with her manager but she believed they wouldn't get it in (for general sale at least) but was sure they wouldn't mind ordering it.

I used to special order Evo so I am sure Core would not be a problem, she is going to see about getting me some pricing
post #7 of 20
I like the grainfrees currently out a bit better as CORE Is fish heavy
post #8 of 20
I just ordered it online. Looked really good to me.

I am familiare w/ EVO and Natures Variety...are there any other grain free foods out there?
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
Our local Pet Valu are great, if they have it in stock but are generally not willing to order anything in (it took a year of complaining before they got WBCL)

)
I think it depends on the owner of the particular franchise. I've found the PetValu in Acton to be awesome. I've also found that since I spend so much time there, not to mention the money, they now seem to be even more willing to help me out.
post #10 of 20
Thread Starter 
I spend a lot of time in ours too, but they tend not to special order anything, they don't have any low grain foods so I find myself spending less time there, but we still buy litter there.

As far as the fish, I don't expect Wellness to be their main diet, just part of a rotation of foods so its not a huge concern for me.

The grain frees off the top of my head are (off the top of my head, there may be more):

Innova Evo
Nature's Variety Raw Instinct
Champion Food - Orijen (limited availability in the US)
Timberwolf Serengeti
Wellness Core
post #11 of 20
Eithne, I can bring you a 2lb bag on Friday at the All About Pets Show. It's $11.99 at my store with a $6 mail in rebate. That way you can try it on the boys and get your local store to order it in for you

It certainly looks great, I havn't heard any actual feedback yet though.
post #12 of 20
I don't mean to hijack, but what is the problem with too much fish. My cats also get canned food as well.
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
I don't mean to hijack, but what is the problem with too much fish. My cats also get canned food as well.
SOme cats are more prone to UTI issues if on a fish heavy diet and fish is not a typically natural cat diet


Rotateing that is a great idea ... the $$$ would probhibit me feeding as would the fish since I have known sentives
post #14 of 20
I may have to get a sample of that for Abby to try
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
SOme cats are more prone to UTI issues if on a fish heavy diet and fish is not a typically natural cat diet


Rotateing that is a great idea ... the $$$ would probhibit me feeding as would the fish since I have known sentives
My sensitive one is fine with fish
post #16 of 20
My cats are eating Evo and Core mixed together. I had to order it off the internet, but finally my local PetSupermarket got in the Core. They seem to really like it. I was feeding them Wellness Salmon before and when I started switching the food Chester would look at me like I was crazy until I put the new stuff in. He's my dry food junkie.
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
My sensitive one is fine with fish
LUCKY you ... I wish I could have that back but she changed at age 17
post #18 of 20
Thread Starter 
He has a problem with the dies in food, anything of the lighter coloured foods make him puke as does the really cheap (really red) red foods (but I think that had more to do with the fact they fed him a food he wasn't used to, we have never fed anything that colour to find out. So he only gets the deep brown foods and he seems fine
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
He has a problem with the dies in food, anything of the lighter coloured foods make him puke as does the really cheap (really red) red foods (but I think that had more to do with the fact they fed him a food he wasn't used to, we have never fed anything that colour to find out. So he only gets the deep brown foods and he seems fine
I commonly see that in dogs ... red is a problem for almost all dogs and cats why it is used is beyond me
post #20 of 20
Eithne, there should be lots of samples floating around at the Pet Show next week. I usually pick up a few. It's possible they may have that one since I believe Wellness has a booth there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Wellness Core