Is she in season?? with pics

afraser1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi all

just wanted to share these pics with you i took of Heidi's recent behaviour.

all day today she has been really loving rolling around rubbing up against you we all thought this was great and cute....................

...........until i noticed how she was sitting and her little calls and wondered if she is in season.

i asked the vet she said maybe and she got a worming tablet from the vet yesterday she thought that it could have been she had worms and now shes happier with us petting her.

anyways enough of me going on here are the pics i took of her hope these help explain a bit better than i can.

she looks like shes jumping off the sofa but shes just sitting there

and lastly i caught her by surprise (trying to get a good one for her passport lol)

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like it to me, especially since the tail is curled to the side (gives easy access to the males, lol)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I'm no expert but it looks like she may be in heat

Her butt in the air is asure sign for me.

PS >>>> Don't pet her or touch...bad things can happen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

afraser1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

PS >>>> Don't pet her or touch...bad things can happen
ok your scaring me what bad things can happen

and she has started leaving littles wee's everywhere is this normal?

thanks
angela

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
o man i am so happy i am out of the heat cycles
i only experienced with stormie and well her tail went to the side well her little manx tail kept going to the side and i kept freaking out and all of her talking drove me nuts and she was only 4-5 months when she reached heat! And she wasgetting it every other week to 2 weeks I couldnt wait till january 3rd for her appointment
And she was so affectionate and she kept rolling all on the floor everywhere! to mark her scent im guessing
but she will try to get out, most of the time when they are in heat they trie hard to get out and they explore more, stormie never went downstairs and when she went into heat she traveled the whole house looking for a male i guess
But I wanna say yes that ur kittie is most def in heat!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Urinating in small amounts everywhere is part of it for many cats. It's kind of their version of spraying. She's leaving her scent to help males find their way to her.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby she looks so young. I think it's going to be a long wait until May 3rd, I don't envy you. I will be getting Sonic neutered around then but wish I could do it sooner - he's very 'well developed' iykwim

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea if she is or not.. I hope she is indoors only so she isn't around any un neutered males and if she is indoor/outdoor I'd keep her inside until she gets fixed.
how old is she?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I'm going through exactly the same thing and same behaviour, with Biscotte. She is wandering through the house, calling with this little interrogative lilt to it as if she is saying 'Where are you? Come to me quickly!' I can't get her spayed for another two/three weeks either. They are so confused and miserable, poor things!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah that's lookin' for love! Guard the doors, it's going to get noisy soon and she'll be trying to get out and look for a hot date. Poor baby, that's no fun. I hope you can get her fixed sooner than May.

afraser1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

I have no idea if she is or not.. I hope she is indoors only so she isn't around any un neutered males and if she is indoor/outdoor I'd keep her inside until she gets fixed.
how old is she?
she is an indoor only cat thankfully

she is only 7 months old poor thing

i have to wait til may because of her vaccines and rabies shots im just glad that i am on the 3rd floor and there is an intercom door downstairs which is always closed and no-one else has cats in the block
lol

thanks for replying and helping me out

angela

afraser1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

She is gorgeous!
thank you

the more she is with us and has put weight on (very skinny when first got here) she is looking so beautiful.

thanks again for the comments
angela