Easter Q~nA~ please

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok my kids are 6,9,11 almost. the 9,11 told me they don't believe in the Easter bunny Santa and tooth fairy all of that and I told them it was a spirit and it makes kids happy and they pass it to there kids. I also said don't tell your brother or I will hang ya out back LOL.

Ok my thing is when my son lost his 2 teeth week ago I took him to a movie since he did not believe in the tooth fairy well what do I do about Easter. I mean I believe in it and am 31 I know it isn't real but it is the smile it put on our face. I know Xmas this year wasn't good because they told me they did not believe in Santa I mean I could tell the change in them

DO I get my little man a basket and the others something else. I don't want them to destroy it for there little brother.

Also if Abbygayle should arrive what do I do there she will be a newborn.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should just celebrate it as if they do believe in Easter

Its just as much for you as it is for them, and they should appreciate anything they get considering how naughty they have been recently

Hope Abby stays just where she is for the moment and waits till Easter is over

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just give him a chocolate bunny and tell him if he wants more then he needs to believe in the Easter bunny again.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was given baskets till I was 14 or 15 .... I say get the older ones age appr stuff and place it in a basket .... For ABBY what about a kewl onzie

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My MIL still gives my husband (and me now) Easter baskets and we obviously don't believe in the Easter bunny anymore. I think it's nice though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL They have been naughty...
I am thinking of skipping all the candy and just getting like the bunny of chocolate and the little one a basket and abby a big big bunny... How does that sound

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you should give em an easer basket with a few candies and a gift in it, just to keep the easter spirit alive, ya know? Im 20 my bf 31 and I still give him an easter basket and we know he's not real

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If my children are home, they are 29 and 27, the Easter Bunny still comes and sees them.
And the Easter Bunny still brings my husband a basket too.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

If my children are home, they are 29 and 27, the Easter Bunny still comes and sees them.
And the Easter Bunny still brings my husband a basket too.
We still got visits from the Easter Bunny, and still do
I don't think it matters what age they are, they would still enjoy getting a surprise basket of goodies!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We still get Easter baskets every year from my parents, and I give one to DH every year. I'd give them baskets. If they question it, just tell them that you don't want to spoil it for their youngest brother.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

We still got visits from the Easter Bunny, and still do
I don't think it matters what age they are, they would still enjoy getting a surprise basket of goodies!
Yep, and I am always very sneaky about it too, I even make little notes from the Easter Bunny.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kids 10 and 13 still enjoy it even though they don't believe anymore. They love finding the jelly bean filled eggs and a couple of little presents hiding around the house, besides the easter basket. My younger son has to get braces and nice mommy that I am, I scheduled it for after Easter so he could have one more wild junk fest before his candy gets restricted for 2 years. (glad its not me
)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I was given baskets till I was 14 or 15 .... I say get the older ones age appr stuff and place it in a basket .... For ABBY what about a kewl onzie

I'm 28 and still get easter baskets and presents from Santa

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I'm 28 and still get easter baskets and presents from Santa
Mine to too, and my husband got mad because Santa brought him a present, we had already exchanged ours. But when he got mad, I told him Santa had brought me one too, I bought me something that I wanted.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kids are 6,9,13 and 16.I still get ALL of them a basket, even though only the 6 year old believes.
I would get Abby a stuffed animal or an outfit.
What about getting the kids some sand toys or a DVD? I will sometimes get mine that instead of a stuffed animal.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... one Easter Sunday long ago, I woke up hearing a lot of birds making a fuss outside my window. I'd been taught in Girl Scouts that birds do that to warn each other of danger -- so I went to my window to see what the birds were afraid of.

And there was a great big brown-and-white bunny in the back yard.

So no matter what anybody tells you... YES, Gemlady, there IS an Easter Bunny!