TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › He's a gift...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

He's a gift...

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Dr. Claw is making is melting my heart more and more. Last night he curled up on my chest and went to sleep. It's so cute, because he snores and makes little noises in his sleep. It is an honor to have this kitty in my home. I just love him.
post #2 of 26
I understand.......sleeping balls of snoring fluff have a way of just turning us to mush.........give him a scritch from me!
post #3 of 26
Yes, you are in love! Isn't it a wonderful feeling!
post #4 of 26
Awww.... He is so darn cute, too!
post #5 of 26
Ferris snores too - don't you just MELT when you hear that sweet little sound?
post #6 of 26
Aww... it's hard not to love them when they are comfortable enough to sleep that deeply. I always hear Frankie "murmuring" in her sleep... it's too cute.
post #7 of 26
Thread Starter 
Scratch lets out this "hummfff" when he sleeps. It's so cute!
post #8 of 26
And 8-Bit quietly dreams of revenge...
post #9 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
And 8-Bit quietly dreams of revenge...
How did you know?
post #10 of 26
Bijou sleeps pretty deeply too - he has little spasms like twitching his feet. He also "talks" in his sleep. It's a darn good thing I'm a deep sleeper or between him and John's snoring I wouldn't get a wink of sleep.
post #11 of 26
Wonton snores too.. it's cute. He also chatters in complaint if you cough or sneeze or talk too loudly while he's sleeping near you. He's a character
post #12 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadian girl View Post
Wonton snores too.. it's cute. He also chatters in complaint if you cough or sneeze or talk too loudly while he's sleeping near you. He's a character
Awww... I remember that video! It was cute.


Dr Claw just makes protestful meows if you move. He'll act all craby if you wak him up.
post #13 of 26
post #14 of 26
Is there anything cuter than having a purring kitty on your lap?
post #15 of 26
Awww Heather...that is so nice to hear...just warms your heart doesn't it!!
post #16 of 26
Aw, that's so nice! He's settled in so quickly and so well!
post #17 of 26
Wow, you know a kitty loves and trusts you when they will curl up on your chest and fall into a deep sleep

Your 3 boys are all so different and yet all equally as precious. Dr Claw must be THE happiest kitty in the world now

Have the previous owners contacted you at all to see how he's going? How's the fur pulling going? Any progress at all? Does he still wear his little shirts?
post #18 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Wow, you know a kitty loves and trusts you when they will curl up on your chest and fall into a deep sleep

Your 3 boys are all so different and yet all equally as precious. Dr Claw must be THE happiest kitty in the world now

Have the previous owners contacted you at all to see how he's going? How's the fur pulling going? Any progress at all? Does he still wear his little shirts?
The shirts weren't really working, and he hated them. He continues to pull, so I'm saving up money for extensive allergy testing. It will most likely run me upwards of $300-$400.

He is happy though, and is getting really comfortable. So much so that we've had some "Tonk" lectures. Let me tell you, I thought 8-Bit had a little chatty side to him, but once you get Dr. Claw going he doesn't stop!

The previous owners haven't called me at all, and I can't say that I'm surprised. They didn't really want too much to do with him. I can't see why he's the most loving kitty I've ever come across.
post #19 of 26
And shaving him isn't an option?
post #20 of 26
Well, the less said about his previous owners the better. I'm so glad that you rescued him, and allowed his personality to blossom like this. He's rewarding you in the best way!
post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
And shaving him isn't an option?
I'm thinking more and more about that. DH and I are going to go to Petsmart this weekend and I think I'll pick up some clipers. I may have one bald kitty very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushylady View Post
Well, the less said about his previous owners the better. I'm so glad that you rescued him, and allowed his personality to blossom like this. He's rewarding you in the best way!
I know... he just loves to be loved. He also likes to put his cold wet nose against my side in the middle of the night. It scares the dickens out of me!
post #22 of 26
Have you tried using an old pair of pantyhose on him?

Cut one of the legs off and cut an opening at the end for his head and another 4 along the leg for his legs and slip it on him like a glove. In the hospital we've had to come up with some really weird ways to keep dressings on some people so that they don't fall off between changes. Pantyhose works quite well and can be stitched up in all sorts of ways to work, hehe
post #23 of 26
He sounds like such a jewel. Heather, he has just blossomed with you. The previous owners never deserved such a special creature.

Lucy has this little groan when she sleeps. Sleeping kitties are so cute.
post #24 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
Have you tried using an old pair of pantyhose on him?

Cut one of the legs off and cut an opening at the end for his head and another 4 along the leg for his legs and slip it on him like a glove. In the hospital we've had to come up with some really weird ways to keep dressings on some people so that they don't fall off between changes. Pantyhose works quite well and can be stitched up in all sorts of ways to work, hehe
That's a good idea! I'll have to try that next.

He's giving me another lecture as I type this because Scratch took his toy! Poor boy, he thinks it's the only furry mouse in the house. I'll go get another one of the 150 that we have and let him play.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Is there anything cuter than having a purring kitty on your lap?
Multiple purring kitties?
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnbandcats View Post
Multiple purring kitties?
This morning when I woke up I had Dr. Claw next to me and 8-Bit wedged inbetween DH and I. It was like having a furry blanket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › He's a gift...