trying new food called ORIJEN from Champion Petfoods

bedtime_bear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm trying out this new food from Champion Petfoods called Orijen. It's 75% meat, 25% fruit and vegetables and 0 grain. They say that by nature, all cats are carnivores, it's pretty interesting and my 2 cats seem to like it so far.

http://www.championpetfoods.com/orijen/orijen/

what are your thoughts about this food?? It would be great to here some feedback and to see if anyone else has tried it out.

michelle

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do know a few on here use it ... it looks great on paper

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I got my trial-size bag today, so Jamie will try it for breakfast tomorrow. I don't know that all those fruits and vegetables are necessary, especially black currants and tomatoes, but I'd rather have veggies than grain.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I got my trial-size bag today, so Jamie will try it for breakfast tomorrow. I don't know that all those fruits and vegetables are necessary, especially black currants and tomatoes, but I'd rather have veggies than grain.
black current actually does some purifing... yeah I am with ya on veggies

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I fed it for a month and the girls liked it and did well, but I had bought it only to tide them over until I was positive the store I buy their food at was stocking Timberwolf Organics permanently (I saw a bag and wanted to feed it, but wanted to be sure it wasn't a one-time thing). I like the ingredients, though it seems fruit/veggie happy to me (though that's better than grain happy, that's for sure). I do believe that it's the best Canadian kibble out so far, which is great.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bedtime_bear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ya, my boys seem to be doing fin so I think I'll stick with this stuff for a while. Tonight I found a new pet store close to my work that sells it at a better price too
YAY! happy mom and happy cats!!!

~michelle~

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would LOVE to feed ORIJEN, only problem is so far no one is supplying it in my area. The closest store would be a 2 hour drive. Argh...but I am actually considering a side trip when I'm in Toronto for the All about Pets show! I would really like to get them onto this food.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie had his first Orijen meal today. He ate it, but didn't go out of his mind over it like he does with Prairie Raw Instincts. I'll add it to the mix of brands I feed if he continues to eat it. Supplies aren't really reliable here - Timberwolf's Serengeti has been unobtainable here for months, and that often happens with Felidae and Solid Gold.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is this avail in the US??? I am only 2hours from the Canadian border anyone want to meet me...lmao

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try contacting them directly - the number listed has a real person, when I first called them, there was no supplier in my area and I had been getting it in Toronto and lugging it home on the train.

Within 3 weeks there was a supplier in my area - my local pet store had also contacted them

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I emailed to see if there are any online suppliers that would ship to other states
TY

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jennifer, after Eithne mentioned this food recently, I did an Internet search, and found that there was one German supplier. All of a sudden, I'm getting emails from a number of suppliers, offering this brand. If its availability is expanding so quickly in Germany, I imagine you'll soon be able to get it locally in the U.S..

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

I would LOVE to feed ORIJEN, only problem is so far no one is supplying it in my area. The closest store would be a 2 hour drive. Argh...but I am actually considering a side trip when I'm in Toronto for the All about Pets show! I would really like to get them onto this food.
Hey, just so you know, my store is planning on bringing it in, but we're working out details and such. We're really hoping to get it sooner than later! In which case you can definatley get it local

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In case anyone is interested in trying the Orijen, it can be found at ONLY4PETS.COM with a price of $1.33 for the 15 oz. trial size bags.

Now you can call it cheating, but.............
I ordered 18 of the trial size at $1.33 each which gives me nearly 17 lbs. for a little less than the price of the 15.4 lb bag with my shipping already figured in.

I thought about ordering a couple of the trial size the other day, but wasn't about to spend $2.66 for two bags and $10.00 for shipping on top of that. So now my shipping was a little over $12, but at least I'm getting a little something for it.

In the meantime I am going to try mixing some Serengeti in with the Max Cat my guys are eating. I figure these two foods are even better than the Felidae they won't eat and the Wysong they are wanting with a slightly smaller price than the Wysong.

Can someone tell me how these former ferals that used to be so grateful for anything I gave them got so darn picky???

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tru

In case anyone is interested in trying the Orijen, it can be found at ONLY4PETS.COM with a price of $1.33 for the 15 oz. trial size bags.

Now you can call it cheating, but.............
I ordered 18 of the trial size at $1.33 each which gives me nearly 17 lbs. for a little less than the price of the 15.4 lb bag with my shipping already figured in.

I thought about ordering a couple of the trial size the other day, but wasn't about to spend $2.66 for two bags and $10.00 for shipping on top of that. So now my shipping was a little over $12, but at least I'm getting a little something for it.

In the meantime I am going to try mixing some Serengeti in with the Max Cat my guys are eating. I figure these two foods are even better than the Felidae they won't eat and the Wysong they are wanting with a slightly smaller price than the Wysong.

Can someone tell me how these former ferals that used to be so grateful for anything I gave them got so darn picky???
They started reading this and the other forums???