Woohoo!! I am going to Michigan this weekend for shopping!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so excited!! I haven't been to the US in like 12 years!!

Me and some friends are going this Saturday to do some shopping across the border!! I am just thrilled!!

OMG I can't wait to go to Target...all the ladies rave about it here!!! Weeeeeeeeeee!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOO HOO Nat!!! Sounds like you'll have a blast shopping.

kirst

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well enjoy your trip to the US and I hope you will have fun on shopping spree.

Enjoy it for me as well, never been to the USA never mind that. I have not even lefted the country before.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wait, are there no Target stores in Canada?

I've never been across the border, but I'm on he "south side" of MN, so it's a longer drive than I wanna make!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I am so excited!! I haven't been to the US in like 12 years!!

Me and some friends are going this Saturday to do some shopping across the border!! I am just thrilled!!

OMG I can't wait to go to Target...all the ladies rave about it here!!! Weeeeeeeeeee!!
No Target in Canada? GASP! I can't move up there then!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE TARGET!!!

RUN FOR THE BORDER
o while there tell me if they have a sale on Luvz LOL j/k have a super great time.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, that reminds me - I'd better get working on obtaining our passports so we can go to the US too.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya know, if you keep heading south for abuot 8 hours you could come visit me! :p

Have fun shopping!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Oh, that reminds me - I'd better get working on obtaining our passports so we can go to the US too.
Do you need a passport to get into the US now? I was trying to remember if they ever made it official that you needed a passport or not yet....

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Fun for you! There is a Super Target right down the street from me... sooo dangerous, lol!

Will we get to see pictures of your purchases?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo-hoo!!! Have tons of fun!

SE Michigan is known for its shopping districts, like Twelve Oaks mall and Somerset Mall (Somerset I rarely step foot in without dressing to the nines...even my work clothes made me feel like trash walking in there on night).

If you head up to Birch Run (between Flint and Saginaw) is some good outlet shopping.
The largest one we have.

Of course there is good old Target - that store rules!!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO Targets in Canada?!?! Man, I will never take having to drive 45 minutes to Target for granted again! Have a fun and SAFE trip to the States!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

We just go with our birth certificates and we are g2g

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Do you need a passport to get into the US now? I was trying to remember if they ever made it official that you needed a passport or not yet....
They are still allowing vehicular traffic across the border without a passport (just as long as you have acceptable ID proof) but to fly into the US, as of the first of January this year, one needs a passport or they can and will stop you.

They have said that as of January, 2008 we will need a passport to cross in a vehicle as well and since they kept their word on the flight requirement, I can only assume they will make us have the passport for vehicles as of Jan/08 and I would like to "beat the rush".

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been seeing commercials from the US's end. Since err..downtown Windsor is a little more frequented then downtown Detroit, there are PSA with reminders that we need our passport by 2008.