Glass Viewing Deck over Grand Canyon

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow - this looks amazing, but I'm not very good with heights, so whilst I love to have a go, think my nerves would get the better of me. Its 4000 ft from the floor of the canyon and juts out 70ft........
bet its just fabulous though !

Gran Canyon Skywalk

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

wow - this looks amazing, but I'm not very good with heights, so whilst I love to have a go, think my nerves would get the better of me. Its 4000 ft from the floor of the canyon and juts out 70ft........
bet its just fabulous though !

Gran Canyon Skywalk
I'd do that in a second! It looks like fun!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't be able to do I don't think, I'm ok with heights as long as I feel safe, like enclosed, but that would totally freak me out, I'm not even going to look at the link cause I'm skeered

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Step MIL & FIL did saw this last November. He is thinking about retiring in June/July. When it happens we are going there

I think we are starting in Arizona and the final destination is Las Vegas!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember visiting the Grand Canyon as a little girl during the days before they bothered with guard rails for the tourists. I walked right up to the edge, sat down, swung my feet over the edge and looked down. It was way cool!! I've done that again as an adult, but on the North Rim, which is higher in elevation than the South Rim.

I've been on the Hualapai reservation and have hiked down the trails to the bottom of the canyon from there (separate from the main tourist areas). What an absolutely beautiful part of the planet!!

As Ed Abbey said: "when you've seen one Grand Canyon, you've seen them all". Ain't that the truth!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I wouldn't be able to do I don't think, I'm ok with heights as long as I feel safe, like enclosed, but that would totally freak me out, I'm not even going to look at the link cause I'm skeered
Oh quit being skeered....come on, we'll walk out together!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it looks awesome, but you couldnt get me on it for a million dollars!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks like a blast! I'd go on it in a second. However, I sort of have mixed feelings about the site itself. Anyone who has been to the canyon knows it is a gorgeous and awesome site....I just think that big glass viewing deck takes away from the surroundings....just my

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fact that there isn't reinforcement worries me...like a nice big rock sticking up to hold the curve of the deck up.

I probably run around it a few times until I felt safe.....

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4,000 feet???

I'd love to do it, it looks amazing, but I am so terrified - terrified - of heights! Really it makes my flesh crawl. But something like that looks so incredible that really, you'd have to get over your fear for something like that.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been to the Grand Canyon when I was about 12.. I loved it! I think adding something like this cheapens the "natural wonder" of it. It's just another way to make money off the Hualapai Indians.