The SciFi Channel...

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...gave myself and many others another reason to loathe them. First it was the cancellation of Farscape but the abrupt cancellation of Stargate SG1 that they announced not that long ago has given another reason to despise the very existence of the channel. I just don't understand why they would take their longest and most successful series ever and just toss it away. Their last episode was aired this past weekend.

The only two shows on there that I like anymore are BSG and Stargate Atlantis. As a whole the SciFi channel has been a major, major disappointment. I'm fed up with them.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did you look to see why? low rating, actor sick of the same role?
how long as the show been on. could be the writers ran out of ideas.

As for BSG i dont expect that show to be on for more then one more season.
which is to bad, they have done a great job with it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm beginning to agree with you about BSG. To me it seems like the writers of the show are spinning their wheels right now and are kind of making it up as they go along.

SG1 ran for 10 seasons and the plot with their new enemy, the Ori, was really heating up. It seemed to be more of a ratings thing than anything else. This past season Atlantis was beating it in the ratings. I think a lot of the drop in ratings had to do with Richard Dean Anderson leaving the show to spend more time with his daughter. They are supposed to making a couple of movies. One of them should tie up the loose ends with the current story line. I'm still disappointed, though. There is very little on tv that I actually like to watch. I hate reality shows and network tv pretty much blows chunks. Thankfully, I still have The History Channel, they never let me down.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...d_iatlan.shtml

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well how long can you keep bsg looking for earth, I have enjoyed the show alot.
much more then i ever thought i would. since i did not evven watch the first season just because of the name.

I keep hoping they bring dr who back , as i was watching the show. A friend told me that he is still getting new dr who shows on his BBC. He gets bbc america, which my cable system does not carry.

man i cant stand network TV, everytime i watch that it is reality based, or lets bash the male(there is a couple of channels a refer to as lets bash the male channel). The big networks wonder where the males went, they cant seem to understand that most men dont like those style shows. there was a article several months ago -asking where did the males between 17-38. its not hard to fiq out. almost every male i know is playing online games, or working 2 jobs or both.

history, tlc, etc, are about all i watch anymore.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't like the new BSG when I first saw it but I forced myself to watch it and the more I did the more it grew on me. I thought that the first two seasons were great but the third is just wallowing in mediocrity.

All of the shows that I used to watch have been gone for a few years. My favorite network tv shows were JAG, Third Watch and NYPD Blue. America has been dumbed down enough by political correctness and state and federal government mandating what should be taught in schools (they even make up the tests for the teachers). Reality shows of every sort only continue to dumb down the country even further. Where does it stop?

The SciFi Channel could be so much more than it is. Remember when they put that idiotic Crossing Over with John Edward show on? What the heck does that have to do with SciFi? There are so many good shows that should be on SciFi. All of the Star Trek series should be shown, Buck Rogers, Lost in Space, the Original BSG and all of the other classic science fiction shows. There are a ton of great animated science fiction that should be shown on there as well. I understand their desire to create more original programming but come on! Most of the movies that the channel makes are absolute crap.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh yea, i can think of alot of the shows that should be on there.
Heck the The UFO stuff they run on the history channel should be on Sci fi i think.
I could deal with trek(the first one is on TV land) , lost in space, heck even the old monster movies i grew up with would be great.

come on lets do a godzilla weekend
or something like that. There is alot of old monster movies that i have not seen years and years that would be great to see.
there movies do seem to be lacking, right now on my DVR at work i am watching there moon is going to hit earth movie,
They have some good luck with the TV shows, so i will let them keep doing those.

i dont remember John Edward shows, but that could be cause if i hit the channel and saw that, i would have just moved past it.
much perfer to watch ghost hunters.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
mum and dad watch x-files and star trek religiousely. i LOVE mysterious ways, stargate and farscape. i hate it when these shows are taken off. this happened on our normal free to air so we expected to have everything perfect on cable

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have cable, but I stay up until midnight on Mon morning just to watch Stargate on local TV!
I was peeved to hear it was being cancelled.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coincidentally I was just checking Sci-Fi's website to see if Ghost Hunters was coming back for the second half of Season 3. That's the only show I watch, unless reruns of the Incredible Hulk are on.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was aksed on another website how I was able to see the last 10 episodes of Stargate when they haven't been aired in the US yet (April). The answer was YouTube but the epsiodes have all been pulled, MGM probably threw a hissy fit over it. The last eisodes have already been seen overseas.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Though not by Sci-Fi channel, the worst crime in recent years was the cancellation of the series Firefly. I still miss it, still keep hoping they'll make another movie (after the series cancellation, they did make one film - Serenity). Wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I was aksed on another website how I was able to see the last 10 episodes of Stargate when they haven't been aired in the US yet (April). The answer was YouTube but the epsiodes have all been pulled, MGM probably threw a hissy fit over it. The last eisodes have already been seen overseas.
Bummer! I would've watched them! What do they expect when they keep their audience waiting so unreasonably?
And if you guys think Sciffy is bad, here we have Space channel and have to wait even longer than you guys to see anything!
I pay $100 a month and watch a handful of shows.

Actually, Bruce, I think you'd like the Space channel! They're always showing the classic B grade type of sci-fi like Godzilla etc.
As for BSG -
I do agree that it can't last for long though.
They're going to have to wrap up this complicated story and they better be doing something really good with the Starbuck storyline. I'm waiting to see what the writers have in mind with her and her destiny, and they better come up with a good explanation for the whole 6/Baltar alter egos thing.

hyacinthbucket

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Dh and I were watching Sci-Fi channel a couple of years ago, and they were showing "Braveheart". What the...?

My Dh (who is a fan of Stargate) just watches the episodes online, now.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup Ghost hunters is about all I watch on there...and that's when I remember its on (or class is cancelled).

I use to watch it religiously when they had X-Files reruns..but those are long gone (sorry can't stay up past 11 pm much anymore).

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to see The Incredible Hulk on Sci-Fi! Those were such awesome shows! The original BSG was sooo good...By Your Command! And V as well with Marc Singer...The Visitor-only cuz of darlin' John Corbett
...ahem, StarMan...why don't they show StarMan???? the movie, not the series, I didn't care much for it. Rodan...The Crawling Eye...The Black Scorpion!!! all those old films I remember as well...watching from my hiding place under the dining table while my older sisters & brother watched in the t.v. room...

Hilda>^..^<

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh i feel so special. Im in aus but we have the same channels on cable that you guys have on your normal tv! lol

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SciFi used to be my favorite channel, but I rarely turn it on anymore. I've watched a few episodes of The Dresden Files, but it's pretty average and probably won't make it past a season. DH watches BSG, but I'm having a hard time getting into it.

Farscape was a great show for three seasons and then turned to complete crapola, IMO.

I don't even remember the channel it was on, I think Fox, but I liked Space, Above & Beyond. But my FAVORITE was Firefly. I really thought that show deserved to make it a couple seasons or more. Of course, Adam Baldwin had a lot to do with my opinion on that.

come on lets do a godzilla weekend or something like that.
I watched the one about the giant moths (or whatever they were) who battled godzilla a couple weeks ago. That's some really funny stuff!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hyacinthbucket;1666505 said:
My Dh and I were watching Sci-Fi channel a couple of years ago, and they were showing "Braveheart". What the...?

QUOTE]

Just wanted to say I LOVE your member name! Hyacinth is my HERO!!! I love that lady and when I grow up I want to be just like her!
Originally Posted by Cinder

I watched the one about the giant moths (or whatever they were) who battled godzilla a couple weeks ago. That's some really funny stuff!
Was that Mothra? That was grrreat! I haven't seen that since the 60's...I think

Hilda>^..^<

Hmmmmm, I guess I'm doing this multiquote thing wrong...mine doesn't look like everyone else's does...