New Cat Owner

dubois1013

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey. I'm New to this message board and to cats. I really want a pair of himalayan cats. I really like the blue point himalayans that I have seen. What could I expect to pay for a himalayan kitten? How active are they? Will I be able to leave them alone in my apartment for eight hours when I am working? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depening on the area you are in, i have seen pet quality himmis range from $300-$600 each,himmis are a CPC of persians, listed together on the CFA website, they are generally laid back, cuddle bugs. everyone has their own personality though
and like any kitty they do have their bouts of running.They would be ok together in the house. but if you get baby babys i would keep them to one kitty proofed room while gone. I breed persians
feel free to PM me if you like.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. I wouldn't know how much you'd pay as I don't live in the U.S. I once saw a hymalayan at a conference doing tricks.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Depening on the area you are in, i have seen pet quality himmis range from $300-$600 each,himmis are a CPC of persians, listed together on the CFA website, they are generally laid back, cuddle bugs. everyone has their own personality though
and like any kitty they do have their bouts of running.They would be ok together in the house. but if you get baby babys i would keep them to one kitty proofed room while gone. I breed persians
feel free to PM me if you like.
Quality Himalayans around here are advertised for $800, but these are the ones that are 12-14 weeks old and had all shots and already nuetered. Persi does have champ background but I bought him too soon according to what everybody on this site tells me, at age 7 weeks. I got him for $300. By the time I was done with the shots and nuetering (at age 13 weeks), he was over $600, but it appears I still got a good price from what I see advertised in the papers. Of course I suppose what is advertised and what is paid could be two entirely different things. People also tell me I had him nuetered too early but this seems common around here.

dulce2u

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I paid $450 for my baby about 3 weeks ago. She is CFA Certified w/no shots. The breeder is from Pottstown, PA.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Quality Himalayans around here are advertised for $800, but these are the ones that are 12-14 weeks old and had all shots and already nuetered. Persi does have champ background but I bought him too soon according to what everybody on this site tells me, at age 7 weeks. I got him for $300. By the time I was done with the shots and nuetering (at age 13 weeks), he was over $600, but it appears I still got a good price from what I see advertised in the papers. Of course I suppose what is advertised and what is paid could be two entirely different things. People also tell me I had him nuetered too early but this seems common around here.
Like i said all depends on the area. my quote was by what I have seen here in my local area

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
definately depends on where you live. Also pricing can range greatly from breeder to breeder. Average pet quality around my area is $500. Then it goes up from there depending on the quality (breeder, low show, top show, etc)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would attend a few local cat shows and ask some of the breeders there for kittens. Are you looking for pets or show quality? Most breeders will not sell you a pair of kittens for breeding - especially to a novice owner.

And good breeders will not let their kittens go till a minimum of 12 weeks - usually 16 weeks.