Ouch!!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch ouch ouch!! I just sliced my finger(top of it) with a knife
I dunno how deep it needs to be before stitches are requirted but it hurt like a son of a you know what!!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my thats gotta hurt so bad - just wrap it up good
umm and then, depends how long & deep really
I did a real bad one with our bread knife, probably about half inch long, it needed covering for days but it healed up ok - hope its better soon

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! A friend of mine cut his finger really badly at work the other day. He builds furniture and he was drilling a hole, and the bit snapped and the drill went into his finger. He didn't need stitches, but he said he was bleeding through bandages for a few days.

I hope you don't need them and you get better soon! *vibes*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Ouch! A friend of mine cut his finger really badly at work the other day. He builds furniture and he was drilling a hole, and the bit snapped and the drill went into his finger. He didn't need stitches, but he said he was bleeding through bandages for a few days.

I hope you don't need them and you get better soon! *vibes*
Ouch!! That sounds extremely painful!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaaaaaaaah, that grosses me out so much. I hope its okay!!

I always feel like the worst part of a cut is the grossout factor..they don't really hurt all that much...but the bloody slice grosses me right out

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cut 3 fingers really bad with a knife about 4 years ago. It was a big knife and it slipped and cut 3 fingers. I didn't need stitches but I used steri-strips to hold the cut together. I would try something like that if you can. Hope you get better soon.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, steri-strips will hold the two edges together, and if you also immobilize it so the finger can't bend, that will help a lot. I save old lipstick tube tops to tape onto my fingers for this purpose, but they also have little aluminum splints you can buy...

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch!

After having a knick that hit the artery in my thumb, I can tell you, you'd know in probably less that 5 minutes if it needs stitches.

Hope it heals quickly, finger cuts are always the worst because you need your fingers for everything