My wife ran over the easter bunny :(

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just talking to my wife and she told me that this morning it was darker out than usual, and she was driving when she saw a bunny hopping across the road. Right as she thought "Aw, a cute little bunny!" *thud*

I don't blame her though, I did the same thing with a racoon once. As soon as it registered what it was, it ran out in front of my car.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you are not expecting to get any Easter Eggs

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww that so sad, but bunnies are not very good with roads & cars, so I hope she doesnt feel too bad about it

I once knocked over a pheasant in the UK, they are mad too, they run all over the road, back & forth, but it still pains you when you hit something, I even brake to avoid sparrows

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, your poor wife, and poor bunny.

The title of your thread caught my eye because my father used to tell his kids that he shot and killed the Easter Bunny just before Easter every year (and Rudolph at Christmas).

Anyway, I hope the bunny rests in peace.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww that so sad, but bunnies are not very good with roads & cars, so I hope she doesnt feel too bad about it

I once knocked over a pheasant in the UK, they are mad too, they run all over the road, back & forth, but it still pains you when you hit something, I even brake to avoid sparrows
I brake for birds too!
Plus Frogs, and occasionally the leaf that looks like a critter!
Luckily I live in the middle of nowhere, so theres not a lot of traffic here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brake for everything if I can. Like I said, I nailed that racoon and if I could've stopped it I would have.

He took out my fog lamps so I guess he got his revenge.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My one roadkill bunny actually ran into me! Hit my tire.

Lately roadkill around here seems to be squirrels, raccoons, possums, and skunks.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

My one roadkill bunny actually ran into me! Hit my tire.
same thing happened to me, the bunny was running along side the road and inexplicably turned right into my car

I have also hit raccoons, one ran straight at my car, I think it was suicidal, cause I tried to swerve and it swerved too
and then I hit a giant raccoon coming up over a rise in the road doing about 55 mph (which was the speed limit!) have had a giant hole in my car for the last 2 years

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now there are lots of animals moving around-I've seen dead rabbits, turkies, cats, squirrels, raccoons.
I hit a rabbit years ago-couldn't avoid it-otherwise I'll dodge as much as possible!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I try, I haven't been fully successful with humans yet

I've smacked a horse though...it lived.

Nothing has died under my tires yet.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I squished a baby raccoon once. It was raining, the mom & dad raccoon ran across the street in front of me followed by one, two, three babies. I slowed, let them cross, then proceeded, just as baby # 4 came running across the street.

KaTHUMP!

I felt bad for DAYS.

When it comes to bunnies, I prefer to bite their ears off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother hit a baby deer once. Thankfully she wasn't hurt, it didn't even really damage the car. Just a bent license plate frame.