I'm so torn!

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just bought a puppy a couple weeks back and he should be here in a couple weeks. As I was surfing the web I came across this little girl that needs a home. Today is her last day to live unless I take her. Right now I have two kids 4 and 6, three cats and a puppy on the way. We are all in a 1,300 square foot townhouse. I have the time, engery and money to do it, but I don't want to strech myself or my family... am I really thinking of taking this little girl? But how can I resist that face!?!?!?!? I'm so torn right now...

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's adorable!! Today is her last day to live if she doesn't find a home?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she have any issues that would make her a poor fit in your home? Is she good with kids and cats and other dogs?

I think if I had the time/energy/money/space for a dog and could have one, and she wasn't going to put my existing family members at risk through any issues due to previous abuse, then I wouldn't be able to in all good conscience leave her to her fate.

But however hard it is, your existing family come first. If you are seriously considering it, then find out how she is around kids and cats and puppies before committing yourself one way or the other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

She's adorable!! Today is her last day to live if she doesn't find a home?
Yep, today is her last day. She has been up for adoption for 4 months now... She is super sweet and just look at that face!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Make sure she will be good with kids, cats & a puppy. Since you seem to be able to care for her, if she is, I'd take her. Poor girl.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say take her, even if it means only until you can find her a forever home.

No pet should be killed just because their time in the shelter ran out before finding a loving family

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks too happy to die. I'd say take her and at the very worse YOU find her a good home.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do it! Do it now -- if it doesn't work out, at least you've given her a second chance to find a forever home.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjrocco

Yep, today is her last day. She has been up for adoption for 4 months now... She is super sweet and just look at that face!!!
How can you not take her? She is beautiful, I say take her and give her a loving home.

Let us know what you decide to do.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take her!! Take her!!
Shes definately got personality.......and if you have time/money to devote to her-then why not??

But I do wonder why shes been there so long? Maybe cause shes a pit?

Bless her little heart. I would love to have her!!

Oh yeah, what kind of puppy did you buy? And also, are pits allowed where you live? Please please please let us know what ya decide!

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!

I couldn't get a hold of the lady that was trying to get her adopted and time was running short since she was supposed to be put down yesterday. Finally, I got a hold of her and she saved her just before it was her time to go. Right now I'm on hold since they have to setup a home check before we proceed. After that, she is going to get spayed and she be coming home to me if everything works out within 2-3 weeks. Keep your fingers and paws crossed!

Here's a pic of her from last night. Look at that face!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww
bless you, bless you for taking her she is a treasure and I am sure she will give you many happy years of love and devotion
bless you, bless you

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww!! Thats great!!
I was really wondering what happened with her. I will for sure keep everything crossed so she gets to come home with you!

BTW, she is a pitty, right?? I am jealous........I want another pit!

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

BTW, she is a pitty, right?? I am jealous........I want another pit!
Yes she is.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for saving this sweet girl.
And her tail and ears are intact, so much prettier that way.
Warning, pitties are very happy dogs, prepare to have your legs beaten daily by that tail