I got a JOB!! :)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup! Thats right- I'M EMPLOYED!!

About a month ago, I sent out my resume/cover letter to every car dealership and body shop in town.

About 2 days after Davidson passed, I got a call from one of them, asking if I was interested in the position in their Business/Finance Managment office

Of course I said yes, and I had 2 interviews since then, and today I was officially hried
I went in today to sign my papers and talk about salary, and I start tomorrow full time

I'm extremely excited and very very happy to finally be employed, its perfect timing as my unemployment runs out in 2 weeks

Thanks to everyone for being there for me to vent/rant about my unemployment and crappy job searches.

I'm going to be pretty busy now for awhile- working 8-6 Monday-Friday and then 8-3 on Saturdays. I'll still be a full time member here tho!

Thanks again to everyone, I just had to share my excitement with everyone!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm extremely excited and very very happy to finally be employed, its perfect timing as my unemployment runs out in 2 weeks
Timing, as they say, is everything.

That's exactly what happened to me, more than once - I landed a job JUST before the unemployment ran out.

I'm really, REALLY happy for you, and I hope that this job is even better than you hope it will be!
Keep us posted, please!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Kenz,

I am so HAPPY for you, you certainly deserve some happiness
Do you know exactly what you will be doing...are you happy with what they offered you?
I am very happy with it! I will be running the Rental department as well as the Business/Finance for people buying new/used cars. I will be training in Rochester (about 45 min.) from me for a few weeks, which is okay with me, the drive is all interstate, & they are giving me a company car to drive, and are paying for gas so Id on't have to spend money on gas and driving 80 miles a day

I'll be super happy when I'm here in town working, but for right now, this is excellent one on one training for me and exactly what I want to do

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

today I was officially hried
I went in today to sign my papers and talk about salary, and I start tomorrow full time
Congratulations!

I'm going to be pretty busy now for awhile- working 8-6 Monday-Friday and then 8-3 on Saturdays.
Is that going to be your normal hours?! That seems like way more than full time. That's 57 hours per week with only 1 day off! Is that even legal for them to do?

The reason I ask is because where I live full time is 37 1/2 hours or 40 hours per week. Anything over that is considered overtime and they have to pay you overtime which is 1.5 times your usual hourly rate.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Kenz!!!
That's going to be a huge change, going from not working to working MORE than full-time! But I know you're not complaining
. That is some timing, getting the job offer just before your unemployment runs out- someone is DEFINITELY looking out for you!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Congratulations!

Is that going to be your normal hours?! That seems like way more than full time. That's 57 hours per week with only 1 day off! Is that even legal for them to do?

The reason I ask is because where I live full time is 37 1/2 hours or 40 hours per week. Anything over that is considered overtime and they have to pay you overtime which is 1.5 times your usual hourly rate.
I didnt mention this before, but I also get 1 day off during the week, so I do get 2 days off (a weekday and Sunday).

All of the car dealerships around here work those hours. Usually 8AM - 6PM normal, and some nights open until 8PM.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! It sounds like a great offer and them letting you borrow a company car to do training is even better! I hope that you will enjoy working there because you deserve a change of luck.