Saw "Premonition" Yesterday/Psycho at the Movies

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife and I had a gift certificate for the movies from her parents, so we decided to go see "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock. I won't give away much of the movie, but if the previews were confusing, the premise is that one day her husband is killed in a car accident. The next day she wakes up and her husband is alive. Each day after that it is a different day of the week, out of order and she has to piece together the details of the week.

It was good, I did enjoy it, as did my wife. The only problem was that, this movie is a THRILLER...an EMOTIONAL SAD THRILLER in it's premise, and some psycho sitting right behind me keeps laughing through it! I can't say specific instances without giving away stuff...Oh wait yes I can..if you've seen the preview, there is a part where the husband's coffin falls out of the hearse as they're unloading it, right? Well he laughed at that part. Like, a pretty audible "Hey that's some funny sh...stuff" laugh. His wife kept asking him "Why are you laughing?" "Because it's funny!".

I seriously hope they don't have any situations needing a really serious mood in their relationship or this guy would kill himself laughing..

*edit* Oh forgot to mention, we walked into the theater and we saw her folks *lol* They had two seats available on the end almost like they had a "Premonition" that we were coming

I appologize for the corny joke

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate it when people are dumb at the movies! if you can't watch a movie like a normal human, stay home

I saw the previews for that, and as much as I hate Sandra Bullock, why I don't know, I might actually watch this movie....eventually

and you're forgiven for the corny joke, just don't let it happen again

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the review, I was wanting to see it and I have horrible taste in movies... now I can tell my movie buddy that we should go see it!

Sorry that you had a bad experience, I usually have bad experiences in theaters (loud people, crying children) and it's enough to make me wait til it's on On Demand!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah I haven't been out to the movies in ages. We ususally just wait till it's out on video and can watch it in the comfort of our own living room, behaving as inappropiately as we like.

I do want to 300 on the big screen though. Some movies you should go the theatre for.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've really wanted to see it! I would have been seriously annoyed by that guy sitting behind you, I hate people like that!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

That movie looks good, I want to see it but have noone to go with!! Dangit!
I'll go with ya Nat! When can ya get here?

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

That movie looks good, I want to see it but have noone to go with!! Dangit!
I'll go see it with you if you want to come to Michigan.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to see this one too!

The only thing is that my local movie reviewer on my favorite morning radio show gave it a terrible review and I normally agree with him on most of the movies, so I'm thinking that I'll wait until it hits the cheap theatres.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to see this too but my friend didn't like it
Anyway my Step daughter was at the movies and this woman behind her kept talking so she said Shhh...well the lady hauled off and hit her from behind across the face
, now mind you this was a very large woman and my step daughter is maybe 5 feet and tiny...she jumped up ran to tell the people to call the police in the meantime the lady started hitting my SD's husband and her SIL, then when she came back in she punched her in the face WTH....long story short the lady was arrested and is a freaking looney toon...So word to the wise NEVER tell anyone to shush in a movie!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Anyway my Step daughter was at the movies and this woman behind her kept talking so she said Shhh...well the lady hauled off and hit her from behind across the face
, now mind you this was a very large woman and my step daughter is maybe 5 feet and tiny...she jumped up ran to tell the people to call the police in the meantime the lady started hitting my SD's husband and her SIL, then when she came back in she punched her in the face WTH....long story short the lady was arrested and is a freaking looney toon...So word to the wise NEVER tell anyone to shush in a movie!!!
Wow...yeah that's why I didn't turn around and tell the guy to get his head examined. You never know.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

OMG!!!
I'm glad that they arrested the pyscho.

Holy cow, that could put you off going to the movies for life!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This reminds me of when I saw the first version of "A Stranger Calls". This woman sitting next to me was saying the most insipid things. At one point, when the police were removing the bodies of the children, she had the audacity to say "oh those poor kids, first they get killed and then they get put into garbage bags". Hard to enjoy a thriller with that type of banter going on.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember the "Cone Of Silence" on Get Smart? I wish they'd put those one of those over every theater seat...