I'm thinking of changing Audrey's name to Garbage Disposal

spock74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She will eat pretty much anything, except that hairball remedy gel. Go figure. Anyway, I am semi-addicted to sunflower seeds in the shell. My problem is that Audrey really likes sunflower seeds and will even eat the empty shells after I spit them out. I'm guessing she shouldn't be doing this, so I'm much more careful about my shells, but I'm wondering if it means she needs more sodium or something. Anyone have any experience with this?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I eat sunflower seeds all the time and spit the shells out into a container. Alley completely ignores these but Persi comes over and licks them but does not actually eat them. Guess he likes the sodium as you mentioned or some of the artificial flavoring. I usually get the jalapeño ones. But Persi will eat anything or at least lick it. My brother eats the whole complete things, shells and all!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been my experience that cats like to lick anything that is salty...including their humans. LOL

Paisley is my garbage disposal. I have to be careful when I give pills to the other cats. If I set a pill down for just a second, she will eat it.
I couldn't get her to take her amoxicillin tablets that way, though.
...but I tried.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

It's been my experience that cats like to lick anything that is salty...including their humans. LOL
I couldn't get her to take her amoxicillin tablets that way, though.
...but I tried.
Well they aren't going to do it when you want them too
I had a lot of luck with a liquid suspension hidden in cat milk

Oh and Boomer is fussy, he will only lick you when you are fresh out of the bath - other than that, obviously is too salty