So what can you buy at Ikea for $350?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One couch cover, one small table, one coffee table, one frying pan, one medium sauce pan, a container for plastic bags, a quilt cover, new sheets, a cat tent, three new toys for the boys, one lid holder for our pots, one bottle opener, a lamp, and a new computer chair and a full set of new dishes.

What can I say, I love that store!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is an awesome store. I just wish it were as big as the original in sweden or europe! Theirs are 4 floors!
But yes, I love their products and they always have great prices.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I love ikea... only I love in a 1 bedroom apartment witch means no room for all the stuff I like. But I love window shoping
I just discovered their as is section today. I found the computer chair I'd be lusting after for over a year marked down to $75.00 then the nice lady told me I could take an additional 10%! I'm thrilled!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never been in an Ikea.
Heck, I'm not even sure what Ikea is other than a store!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Never been in an Ikea.
The closest one to us Natalie is in the Cities by the MOA- and its MASSIVE!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Never been in an Ikea.
Ikea has some good sides and some bad sides. The good part is that the price you pay for things there is fantastic. I bought a brand new couch for $150.00.

Now, the down side is that you have to put everything together yourself. Sometimes the directions aren't exactly simple and it can take a while.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is how I describe IKEA to the uninitiated:

Say your house burns down and you get the insurance money and rebuild. Upon completion of said new three bedroom house, you realize you only have $5000 left to furnish the place. You can walk into IKEA, and come out the other end with everything from sheets to couches, from curtains to beds and mattresses... even some houseplants and lamps... and you can still have some cash left over. Seriously.

And for my fellow IKEA-a-holics, I recommend going to Target, or some other suitably similar place, and buy a Black and Decker cordless drill/screwdriver. It REALLY cuts your time and energy used down while putting their stuff together.

Our current closest one is up in Seattle... but one is opening about a mile from my apartment this summer... HOOAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and I'm applying to work there... I can ride my bike to work... I can only do it part time, though, as i JUST got my library job... but it's only 15 hours a week... still at the fabric store... love the perks, but some of the people there I want to hurt... that's usually a sign for me to get out... I hate people-users and those who bring negative 'tudes to work.

Anyway...

back to discussing IKEA...

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
never been in one..lol..i tend to decorate my house with flear market, garage sale and free cycle finds. LOL and than i set to work refurbishing them myself

but..i have heard good things...lol so if i ever outgrow my habit...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ikea is getting seriously popular in Spain, out nearest one was Madrid
4 hr drive, now we have one in our region - 30mins - fabulous. I kitted the whole of my friends 2 bed holiday apartment out for 5,000 euros !...............and you know I can honestly say I have never gone into Ikea and come out with nothing

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Heather I love love love IKEA!!
I love how cheap the stuff is, and I like the way alot of it looks too!!

Nice haul for $350!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

The closest one to us Natalie is in the Cities by the MOA- and its MASSIVE!
That's the one I go to! The question is, what CAN'T you buy at Ikea? I've bought everything from slippers, to computer chairs, to batteries there!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Heather, what Ikea are you going to? there's none in OH
I go to the one in Pittsburgh. It's a two hour drive but it's well worth it.

Oh, and I got ALL that stuff home in a four door Saturn.

Also, I forgot to mention that I bought a six back of cinnamon roles as well. So I had one for breakfast today!