Homeopathic allergy medicine?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone know any non-drug allergy remedies? All the drugs I like to take for allergies are Category B for being pregnant - should be safe, but not enough research is done, and try to avoid them in the first trimester.

My allergies are going nuts the last few days and it's driving me mad!

I'm doing a saline sinus rinse, which helps a little, but I'd like nasal spray, and preferably tablets as well to help if the symptoms are bad.

Anyone have any recommendations? I plan on talking to my doc to see what they do and don't recommend, but any suggestions would be great!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
evan my homeopathic states ask a dr if preg before use

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

evan my homeopathic states ask a dr if preg before use
Yes, I know, but the other drugs I know I can't take, whereas hopefully if I can get some homeopathic recommendations to give the doctor she'll "approve" those ones for me to take.

sprocket

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a book titled:

Homeopathic Medicines for Pregnancy & Chidbirth, by Richard Moskowitz, M.D.

I did not see anything specifically for "Allergies," but I also didn't seen anything in the several pages that I skimmed that said there were homeopathic remedies to avoid while pregnant.

You should be aware that you should not take homeopathics at the same time of day that you take regular, pharmaceutical preperations. There should be at least an hour between taking these vastly different treatments.

You could also consider changing your diet while pregnant, which might eleviate the allergy symptoms all together.

I recommend: Eat Right 4 Your Baby, by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo, ND.

Hope this helps, and that you find something that relieves your symptoms, soon. What type of nasal cleaning are you doing? Are you using a neti pot or Simple Saline, which is saline in a nasal spray.