Dying my hair red!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my hair red. So I bought a box of red hair dye yesterday. I'm dying my hair today sometime. I washed my hair this am & plan to dye it later this afternoon. I know you're supposed to let the natural oils build up in your hair, but I can't. I have short hair & will be busy for several weeks(style it daily), so we're just going to try it & see what happens!

Wish me luck!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooohh best of luck Natalie! You know we're gonna want b4 and after pics, right?!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before and after pics please

I think you'll continue to look pretty no matter what color, though I do not think black would look good on you

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cool - my neighborhood hair dresser does my coloring (very reasonable too) - we have found are really cool shade of red that both I and my husband like. I'll be doing mine again in a week or 2 (hopefully before Easter or at least right after).

My hair is strawberry blonde. Was always afraid of coloring my hair but did it for the 1st time 2 years ago. And I usually wind up doing it 3-4 times a year (about once every season).

The sad part is that red hair fades a lot quicker then other colors

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats great ! i love red hair dye...mine is always some shade of red well dark red
What type of red are u going with? Be sure to post some photos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Ok I know I'm married but I just want to say

Redhead "Ggggggrrrrr"

OK, so it ended up more purply-red than copper-red like I wanted, but honestly....it's gonna be impossible to get copper-red hair out of a box with my poop brown color. I'll post pics soon....gotta get them taken & in photobucket!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

OK, so it ended up more purply-red than copper-red like I wanted, but honestly....it's gonna be impossible to get copper-red hair out of a box with my poop brown color. I'll post pics soon....gotta get them taken & in photobucket!
Ok I'll rephrase myself

Semi-Redhead "Ggggrrrrr"

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

cool - my neighborhood hair dresser does my coloring (very reasonable too) - we have found are really cool shade of red that both I and my husband like. I'll be doing mine again in a week or 2 (hopefully before Easter or at least right after).

My hair is strawberry blonde. Was always afraid of coloring my hair but did it for the 1st time 2 years ago. And I usually wind up doing it 3-4 times a year (about once every season).

The sad part is that red hair fades a lot quicker then other colors
Supposedly, we redheads don't go grey--it fades. I remember reading that somewhere. I derive some comfort from knowing that!

When mine grows long, it's blonder. When I had it cut very short last year, people thought I had colored it brown--and it did look brown (I don't color my hair)! I was wearing a dark brown shirt, so maybe it added to the effect.

MargeCat

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I love my hair red. So I bought a box of red hair dye yesterday. I'm dying my hair today sometime. I washed my hair this am & plan to dye it later this afternoon. I know you're supposed to let the natural oils build up in your hair, but I can't. I have short hair & will be busy for several weeks(style it daily), so we're just going to try it & see what happens!

Wish me luck!
Welcome to the Ravishing Redheads Club! Best of luck--I'm sure it will look beautiful.

MargeCat

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pictures!
(Bear in mind I am not wearing any foundation!
)

Before:

After:

I want some natural light ones tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some. These ones were taken under artificial lights!

ETA: BTW, Dory looks so unhappy cuz he hates the smell of my hair now!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it looks good! Very pretty IMO (nice eyes too btw). I couldn't really tell that it's Purpleish.

The cat doesn't look happy though..guess he/she doesn't like it

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I think it looks good! Very pretty IMO (nice eyes too btw). I couldn't really tell that it's Purpleish.

The cat doesn't look happy though..guess he/she doesn't like it
Awwww...such a gentleman! Does your wife know you're saying this?

Dory was napping & I woke him up to take pics & my hair smells funny. He is not talking to me now.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your hair looks great! It's not purple red to me - looks about the shade mine comes out. Mine might be a bit more copper.

I'll have to get DH to take a pic of me and Charlie for before/after

If you come to the Farmington show, at least I will know who you are