Which Wet Food Brand to Use?

djewoods

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In View of the Recall Which Wet Food Brand Do You Reccommend for Kittens and Adults?

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
None of the foods I would normally reccomend have been affected by the recall, so I do not hesitate to continue reccomending them.

Wellness
Innova (and Innova EVO)
California Natural
Merrick
Solid Gold
Eagle Pack
Felidae

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vanillasugar

None of the foods I would normally reccomend have been affected by the recall, so I do not hesitate to continue reccomending them.

Wellness
Innova (and Innova EVO)
California Natural
Merrick
Solid Gold
Eagle Pack
Felidae
This is what I am using and add evangers , natures prarie , timberwolf

only evangers and merrick are known to have there own plants ... I will be calling the other s tomarrow ....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

only evangers and merrick are known to have there own plants ... I will be calling the other s tomarrow ....
Would you let us know if any of the others have their own plants? I would appreciate it if you could!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that Karma, California natural and Innova products are made in the same place - a NaturaPet owned plant

Timberwolf, who make Serengeti also have their own plant in MA where you can go in and buy their foods - I am not sure if they make wet though?

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No quibble with any of the foods mentioned above with the exception of Merrick.

Too many people, including myself, have found dangerous foreign objects in various flavors of Merrick canned food, like pieces of plastic and in my case, an almost 1" piece of sharp bone.

Apparently having your own manufacturing plant is no guarantee of safe food, unfortunately.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On another board someone said that Merrick's owns one of the largest rendering plants in the country. The owner has also protested the FDA regulations prohibiting the use of downed cattle in pet food. I don't know if any of that is true. But either way Ping never liked their wet food. So I don't buy it.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Sharky...Do u like Natural Balance???

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Sharky...Do u like Natural Balance???
yeah I forgot that one ... I actually was showing it to someone today as I had no wet food to sell...

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I feed Innova Evo and have been very happy with it.
My boys won't eat that for me, they turn their nose up at it...But they love the Innova Dry in the red bag. I am feeding our new kitten the EVO and she loves it! I wish they would all eat the same thing...no such luck!!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

My boys won't eat that for me, they turn their nose up at it...But they love the Innova Dry in the red bag. I am feeding our new kitten the EVO and she loves it! I wish they would all eat the same thing...no such luck!!!
Mine turned their noses up at the wet also but LOVE the dry. They also turned their noses up at the Innova 'regular' dry

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried every quality brand Sharky has mentioned and I could find - our cats wouldn't touch any of them except the Merrick's.

cporch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys and gals! Chris here from Timberwolf Organics...

Just a quick note to say that our food is actually not manufactured in a plant in MA... and at the manufacturing facility that we do use, you do not have the option of walking in and purchasing the food. The location of our food mill is considered proprietary information, and therefore I cannot divuldge that information.

As a point of interest, our official statement on the Menu Foods recall is that we are in no way affected by the recall, and you may continue to feed out formulas with confidence.

If you have any questions, or I can help you out with anything, email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Chris Porch
Customer Support
Timberwolf Organics
407-802-7865

oonalyl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by cporch

The location of our food mill is considered proprietary information, and therefore I cannot divuldge that information.

As a point of interest, our official statement on the Menu Foods recall is that we are in no way affected by the recall, and you may continue to feed out formulas with confidence.
I take that to mean that they, too, use a Menu plant.

I am still feeding my kitty Wellness (wet and dry) and she seems fine. They have put an official statement on their site saying their food isn't contaminated. Though, now that we know they, also, use Menu, I am still concerned and suspicious of the party line being spouted by all these corporations. However, I think they would be putting themselves in a very bad place legally to announce that their food is safe and have it turn out not to be. So, I can only hope that they are sure their food is not tainted. Anyway, unless Prairie announces that they are recalling in the next week or so, I am switching back to that as my cat has been shedding insanely since I switched her off of it and on to Wellness.