what can WE do in this recall

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There has to be something out there that we can do......groups of people put together class action suits. . . . .i'm sure it's too early for any of that but what can WE do to help, stop ANYTHING!!!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure there will be a class action lawsuit launched somewhere down the line.
I think right now the company doew seem to be trying to get the word out. I've seen the story in several different media now.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ya i have seen this on all of my local news channel as top storys when ever u go onto the site and everything! So I am happy that there was alot of media action going on here
I hope no more animals get sick
But I am sure that in the future things will be done to try to prevent this again and i am sure people are going to take action...i can say that we did have the special kitty for a bout a week or 2 and thank goodness our kitties are PICKY

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, there will be a lawsuit. Its too premature yet to have one filed though, as the ramifications are still uncertain since its unclear how far this reaches. I recommend anyone who has a sick cat likely due to the food to notify the FDA. They will keep a thorough list there.

If a class action suit is filed, it will likely be posted on the internet by people like us who are recruited by attorneys for sharing a common problem. Those take a while to get running so be patient and alert.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think right now the best thing to do is help get the word out to anyone who has cats and hasn't heard yet. I know that we went to Petsmart yesterday, and all of the brands they carry that were affected were pulled with big notices put up on the empty shelves. I think the manufacturer is doing the best they can with the recall, and recalling probably more than they "need" to in order to cover themselves.

I'm sure there will be a lawsuit for the people who lost pets due to the tainted food. But they have to figure out what is tainting the food, if it should have been detected under current regulations (if the company was negligent) or if it's something new. That will detemine how large the lawsuit will be, I'm sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there is so much involved. . . .this is insane.....i tried letting some friends of mine know about the recall and they didn't even know what they feed their animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

either they don't care what they feed their animals OR they are embarassed to say what they feed their pets.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On another thread related someone whose husband works in the industry stated if it is bad wheat gluten that it is not tested as the meat and whole products are maybe this will cause testing ...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

On another thread related someone whose husband works in the industry stated if it is bad wheat gluten that it is not tested as the meat and whole products are maybe this will cause testing ...
I just read that so, I will change my thought.

IMO anything that gets ingested by people or animals that is FDA approved should run through vigorous testing. If its not safe, then don't include it into the meals.

It's sad to see that our animals and us have to suffer through this because proper testing was never put into place.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I just read that so, I will change my thought.

IMO anything that gets ingested by people or animals that is FDA approved should run through vigorous testing. If its not safe, then don't include it into the meals.

It's sad to see that our animals and us have to suffer through this because proper testing was never put into place.
I completely agree. It's amazing to me that there is no requirement that some of these ingredients be tested. There have been entirely too many food recalls and other problems with tainted food recently, both human and animal.

My primary concern is still with the animals that were affected by this and with their owners. This is a very stressful situation for all concerned. I'm thinking positive thoughts for all the TCS kitties.

And talking about spreading the word, my neighbor who doesn't even have pets, came to see me yesterday to be sure I had heard about the recall.