Should I

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Invite my colleagues to our wedding reception (just the evening bit?) I would have to invite all the people in my office as it's quite a small company, which would be 11 people, which would cost me £258.50. But, out of those 11 people, 1 has already invited me to her wedding, 1 will and 2 more may do.......
I do see them every day (at work), but I rarely see them out of work and would be unlikely to keep in touch with anyone should I leave the company. It's really tricky. Compared to how much the wedding is costing, it's not a huge amount of money. We are having quite a small wedding though, with only close friends and family to the day, which adds up to about 61 day guests. It's so difficult!
I would like to have them there though, as they are all lovely people who I get on well with!!! This is driving me crazy, please help!!!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a tough one........I suppose if moneys not the issue then just invite them all.

p.s. another point, they probably all couldnt attend anyway

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Its a tough one........I suppose if moneys not the issue then just invite them all.

p.s. another point, they probably all couldnt attend anyway
I was hoping they wouldn't all say yes, but it's a monday night, so what are the chances of them having other plans?
I think some people may make up plans so that they don't have to come!

3 of the girls are coming to my hen do :-)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's tough when it comes to "work friends", especially in a small company like that. You said some are coming to your "hen-do"? I'm guessing that is like a bridal shower or bachlorette party? If so, I would definitely invite them...if they are helping you celebrate before the fact, they should be invited to the actual reception. For the rest, you may want to extend an invitation to all of them but make it clear you need to know ahead of time if they will be able to make it. Keep in mind that people who say they are coming sometimes don't show up. We paid for 175 confirmed acceptances for our reception and only around 130 showed up. Then, I felt bad because I didn't invite some of the people from work.

BTW...congrats!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

You said some are coming to your "hen-do"? If so, I would definitely invite them...if they are helping you celebrate before the fact, they should be invited to the actual reception.
I agree. Plus, it's likely that all will show up like Mooficat said. You'll feel better in the long run inviting them I think.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have the extra money do it. But I suggest you invite the office to your WEDDING - not the reception. The one that has invited you to her wedding, maybe pick her and one or 2 others (that may invite) to the reception.

Anyone can go to the wedding part - its the reception that you have an invitation to that costs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I invited everyone (11 people) to the reception, (it's cheaper than the whole day), and so far have one yes and one can't make it. We shall see......!