Finnicky Cat Needs Wet Substitute - Ideas?

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Due to the recall, Maverick will need a wet substitute. He likes IAMS Beef and Chicken pouches (he has a jaw problem so he needs the wet mix).

We are going on vacation in 2 days so I am worried about substituting right now and something happening while I am away ---vomiting after dinner, etc.

Any suggestions on a safe substitute until this recall has passed???

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nellers, check my other post in your baby food thread...I suggest trying the Meow Mix wet pouches...they are surprisingly healthy, and cats usually find them very tasty. It will work for the time being, until this food recall situation gets straightened out.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Nellers, check my other post in your baby food thread...I suggest trying the Meow Mix wet pouches...they are surprisingly healthy, and cats usually find them very tasty. It will work for the time being, until this food recall situation gets straightened out.
Some of the Meow Mix pouches have wheat gluten. I went through my store of food yesteday and tossed anything with wheat gluten, and found that at least one variety of the Meow Mix has it - I think the one that's Chicken something or other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
okay so that's not good then.
Maybe I'll just get some salmon oil to make his dry food moist until this is straightened out AND I return from my vacation where i can monitor him better.