Any No grain at all kibbles?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maia is doing well on her raw diet, but she is a little bit of a kibble junkie, and i would like to indludge her kibble habit with a small amount without bugging her, if possible. are there any kibbles out there they have NO grain at all? she cant tolerate it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
EVO
and Wellness s new one have potato as starch( the more I read the more I am glad I feed a rice food
)

Natures variety or prarie uses tapicoa in it raw instict ( no potato and no known human or animals allergic to it)

solid gold is coming out with one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks I know about the Raw Instinct I was gonna give that a shot as thats what we use along with our homemade raw in raw. i just wanna make sure i dont upset her little tum.

but shes such a kibble junkie she looks so sad when she cant have any, lol

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A quick taste test review...

The EVO went over well as a group, nobody turned their nose up.

The Raw Instinct got a mixed review from my crew. Some of them look at it like it's not food
They don't know what's good for them. Beandip thinks it is candy, however. He'd eat the whole bag if I let him. He's my biggest fan of the NV raw, and the dry Raw Instinct smells just like the raw medallions.
...so I guess that's why Beandip likes it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

A quick taste test review...

The EVO went over well as a group, nobody turned their nose up.

The Raw Instinct got a mixed review from my crew. Some of them look at it like it's not food
They don't know what's good for them. Beandip thinks it is candy, however. He'd eat the whole bag if I let him. He's my biggest fan of the NV raw, and the dry Raw Instinct smells just like the raw medallions.
...so I guess that's why Beandip likes it.
I need to babsit Bean

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I need to babsit Bean
LOL...ok, he gets the Instinct after his pills. 3 pills and then you can feed him the Instinct...deal?

I think if Maia likes the NVP raw, she would like Raw Instinct.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL...ok, he gets the Instinct after his pills. 3 pills and then you can feed him the Instinct...deal?

I am thinking she will too of course its not a case of her likeing it or not. she will eat any kind a kibble generally that you put infront of her, lol she came from a place where she was eating JUNK..but she has IBS/IBD hense why shes on the raw. Evo looks less complex, but NV is a brand i use and trust already. choices..choices,

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I think I can handle that

I would start with the RI then try EVo if it doesnt work

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raw Instinct, EVO, Orijen (not sure of its availability in all States) and Serengeti (not sure if it completely grain free but it is certainly one of the low carb ones) have all been a hit with the boys

chowchow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After reading this post, I now believe my Blackie is allergic to grain and has IBS too. I gave him 4 cat treats (Whiskas Temptations) everyday for one week and his poop became much softer and was pooping too often. Not quite diarrhea but not normal either. We stopped giving him those treats since (it's been at least 2 weeks already) but his poop isn't totally solid (not liquid either) and he's still pooping too often. I started giving him slippery elm yesterday and there hasn't been any improvement. Any suggestions?? We'd rather give him natural remedies cuz he's feral and we're trying to get him to trust us so we don't want to take him to a vet unless there's a serious problem. His regular food has been Evo for 6 months and he hasn't had any problems with it.

Hard to believe that he still has this problem even though he hasn't had those treats in a couple of weeks already! Please help, thanks!

sprocket

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chowchow

After reading this post, I now believe my Blackie is allergic to grain and has IBS too. I gave him 4 cat treats (Whiskas Temptations) everyday for one week and his poop became much softer and was pooping too often. Not quite diarrhea but not normal either. We stopped giving him those treats since (it's been at least 2 weeks already) but his poop isn't totally solid (not liquid either) and he's still pooping too often. I started giving him slippery elm yesterday and there hasn't been any improvement. Any suggestions?? We'd rather give him natural remedies cuz he's feral and we're trying to get him to trust us so we don't want to take him to a vet unless there's a serious problem. His regular food has been Evo for 6 months and he hasn't had any problems with it.

Hard to believe that he still has this problem even though he hasn't had those treats in a couple of weeks already! Please help, thanks!
It may be hard to find in a Health Food Store, but I give my older kitty the same fiber that I take daily. It's from the larch tree and it's called Larch arabinogalactan. It's also used as an immune system modulator. It helps improve the health of the colon by increasing the production of short chain fatty acids, which are critically important for the colon. It's also the ideal food for the friendly bacteria in the colon.

You can read all about Larch, HERE.