"Stink Finder" ultra violet light

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, I went to Petsmart today and bought a "Stink Finder" ultra-violet flashlight. I've been walking around my house and the basement in the dark looking for glowing urine.
I found some in the litter box! I also learned that dirty kleenexs glow in the dark to. And some remains of a furball in the basement.
This device is hilarious. Anyone have one? I feel like I'm on an episode of CSI.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you didn't spend a ton of money. All you need is a black lightbulb, its the same thing
It is scary what you will find.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just have a normal black light and I remember lighting that up all the time in my room
i put it in storage tho and well I think I need to find it because my mom thinks midnight sprayed in my room
But it is scary what all glows and i used to have a ton of the bracelets and i had mainly the glowing ones and glow sticks
and also alot of my body jewelry glows

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Hope you didn't spend a ton of money. All you need is a black lightbulb, its the same thing
It is scary what you will find.
I bought a black lightbulb and it didn't work. This was only about $20 and it seems to work. Plus with the bulb, you have to walk around with a lamp and cord.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

I bought a black lightbulb and it didn't work. This was only about $20 and it seems to work. Plus with the bulb, you have to walk around with a lamp and cord.
hmm, thats weird because it is the exact same thing

but I do agree with the lamp and cord part!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

Just don't scan your kitchen wall with it. ESPECIALLY not above the stove. Unless you want nightmares, that is.
So more than pee glows, eh?
I like the idea of the flashlight form - sounds more convenient & fun to use

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The bulb I bought may have been a Walmart Halloween Rip-off.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a black light but bought one cause it was portable. I had a cat with chronic respiratory problems and sneezed goobers his entire life. 2 years after he crossed and after I had thought I scraped and repainted every wall in my house, I took the light room to room. There were still goober marks in almost every room of my house!!!

Yep, it is scary what you find with them!!