Goodbye Flippy

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I said goodbye to one of my best friends in the world. Flippy had been a member of my small family for 14 years and it was very hard to make the decision to have him put to sleep. Unfortuneately kidney failure is a sistuation that in a elderly cat is not a pleasent site to witness and it is up to us as owners to do what is in the best interest to our furry friends no matter how badly we don't want to do just that.
Easy enough to believe another thing entirely when that furry little face is not greeting you every morning or that silly meow is not echoing outside the door insisting that the bathroom is indeed a community place and you had absolutely no right not allow him entrance.
Do I regret my descision..No..the last days of his life he was not the happy go luckly little guy I loved.
What I regret is the fact we are given these incrediable little creatures to love that only have at best 1/8 of our lifespan.
Goodbye Flippy you were loved and you will be missed.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your sad loss of Flippy. He has gone on before you, to a better place, now he is painfree, playing happily over RB. I feel for you in these hours of grief - I know that sometimes Heaven seems so far away
I am hoping that you will find comfort and solace here at TCS. I wish that I say something better than I'm trying to say right now, but I am dealing with a death anniversary of a very close nephew, and tho it's been years, tonight, Heaven does seem far away, although I am glad that my precious kitties, including my beloved Miss Tobie, are in good hands.
Godspeed over Rainbow Bridge, Flippy - play happily with our other TCS kitties (and dogs, horses and loved ones) who will greet you there.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your precious Flippy, you are right, you had a very tough decision, but you made it out of love and respect
You obviously have some wonderful and happy memories of Flippy and in time those memories will bring a warmth to your heart again...........in time

RIP Precious Flippy you are in a special place, have fun sweetheart

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you have to go through the pain and sadness of losing Flippy. You will see him again.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet Flippy. You made the only decision that you could, painful though it was, and it was made out of love for Flippy.
He's painfree now, and playing happily over the bridge, running like a young cat again!

janey83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry for your loss of flippy. I know how your feeling, its 2 weeks ago today since we put tigger to sleep. and yes they dont have long with us at all which is just not right!
R.I.P

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Flippy, but now he is healthy and he is playing over at the Bridge.

RIP Flippy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a quick note to thank everyone who have posted there kind thoughts. The last couple of days have been trying to say the least. As much as I know it was the right thing to do, it brought peace to a very sick little kitty, I still have to contend with my other cat wandering around the house looking for his buddy. They were extremely close, litter mates and who except when they were purposely hiding from each other never separated.
With that in mind I took a trip to the local Humane Society this morning and was appalled at how many cats there are that need homes. The local shelter has a couple of residents that have been there for over a year.
No cat should have to be stuck in a cage for that long.
Needless to say I am sure that within the next week or two I will be announcing a addition to the family..

Love you Flippy

shishi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss but you mde the right decision for him. He's in a happier place now. RIP Flippy!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss, and what a gorgeous boy Flippy is
You gave Flippy a quality of life by not letting him suffer, and he'll thank you for that when he sees you again

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Flippy was so beautiful and I know you must miss him terribly. You are right about so many cats needing homes though, and although nobody can replace my girl, I will be adopting one when I move and I'm glad you are willing to give another wonderful kitty a home. I think Flippy would approve

Rest in peace, sweet boy.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

J
Needless to say I am sure that within the next week or two I will be announcing a addition to the family..

Love you Flippy
Flippy was such a handsome cat! i'm sure he'll lead you to the right new addition...
to you during this time of mourning...

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for the loss of your Flippy. I agree, it doesn't seem fair that we are given these precious creatures for such a short time. But, I think of the difference my cats have made in my life, and I can't imagine not having had the experience of the love and companionship that these cats brought into my life. Flippy is happy and healthy once again. I hope in time, that you can open your heart to another cat who will be with you during the next stage of your life. Rest In Peace, Flippy.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. RIP Flippy.
I'm glad you are considering giving a new cat a loving home.