My poor BF trying to fix my car (pics)

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went to drive to work the other day and I noticed just as I pressed the brake a little light came on. I never saw it before so I dragged out the owners manual and realized it was a warning light that was telling me I had no brake lights.

So I go back inside and we figure out from the wonderful internet that it was something called a brake light switch. We get the part and my BF goes out to install it.

I came out to see how it was going and I saw this and I could not help but to take pics as I laughed the entire time. I am glad he has a good sense of humor. It was the only way for him to get the part in.

As you can see my car is very small and my BF is very tall.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aha, now this is what I like to see - an upside down guy!!!!!

Bless him, he is a good 'un!!!

(The big question is, did he actually fix it?!!?!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4BadCats

The big question is, did he actually fix it?!!?!
yes and no. The brake switch was broken but the lights still did not work. We took it to a friend and he had to trace the wires.

Now I have brake lights but no horn or front speakers but I can live with that.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That reminds me of the time Dad took our car in to get the steering wheel tilt mechanism fixed. The mechanic said it wasn't hard, it's just that it required almost standing on your head.

Now I have brake lights but no horn or front speakers but I can live with that
So you'll be driving down the road and will stick your head out the window and go "beep! beep!"?

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

So you'll be driving down the road and will stick your head out the window and go "beep! beep!"?
We almost got in two accidents last weekend and I NEEDED that horn. I told him I am going to buy one of those air horns and duct tape it to my side mirror so I can just reach over and blast people

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What great pictures!!!

I remember a time when I couldn't afford to take my car to the shop to get it fixed, so I did a lot of my own car repairs. Busted knuckles, rusty bolts, etc. (as well as a lot of swearing!!!) Your boyfriend is really a trouper to do this!!!

Pookie & the girls

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'd love to see him try to get out of there!
Oh gosh, your right! I wish I would have thought about it at the time. I should have took video of him getting in and out of there