Question about Honey

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you guys think that I should take Honey to the vet to find out how many she has inside? My thinking was that if she does have alot, maybe she'll need a c-sec? Monday will be 60+ days for sure and now I'm starting to freak. Tomorrow is Saturday... my last chance to get to the vet before Monday

I have her birthing box ready with a heat lamp suspended over top (safely).
I have all the necessary items and phone #s ready to go and picked up some KMR and a bottle today. I picked up a six pack of wine coolers (for me) and told my DH to be ready and to keep her locked in the room while he sleeps while I'm gone.
If that stinker doesn't have them this weekend I'll for sure take her in to the vet on Monday for my own peace of mind.
Can ya tell this is my first time? Ugggh!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO I would not do it just to find out how many - most times the cats have them without problems - usually persians or other wide-headed cats (like burmese) have more problems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I mean not just to find out how many..it's because people are telling me since she is so huge that she probably has 7-9 babies....that worries me.

Aww heck..I'll just keep quiet and calm down.

I'll be back after she has them.

jenje!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the birth!

I'm sure your mother will hold her own. It's great that you're as concerned as you are though... better a worried/stressed (for a time) grandmum than one who doesn't care!

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenje!

Good luck with the birth!

I'm sure your mother will hold her own. It's great that you're as concerned as you are though... better a worried/stressed (for a time) grandmum than one who doesn't care!
lol..I've been told I care way too much for animals...waaay to much. I literally cry when I see neglect stories on tv.. It kills me inside. I can't watch anything hunting related or nature's cruel ways...I run for the bedroom.
I think I need help...lol

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trust me even with a big litter her body will help do the work. Cats have been having litters forever and some make it some dont. I think alot has to do witht hte care they get. A big litter isnt bad.

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm just gonna chill. She has dropped a bit and doesn't look so huge.
I can actually feel her back nipples now...I think the milk is coming.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You might want to get her checked out. If you're curious... But I would just wait untill monday if you did, since there doesn't seem to be a serious medical problem.
Good luck, and I hope the kittens come sooon!

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was suggested to me to do a poll on delivery date and how many.
If anyone wants to contribute have at it!

My guess is:
Thursday---5 kits