Okay, how 'bout gift ideas for a 9-year-old nephew?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the 10-year-old niece thread -- what a great idea! Maybe you can help us figure out what to do for Grant, my fabulous nephew who turns nine lon Sunday!

He's very musical, he has a dog and loves cats, he's extremely smart... but he already has every toy, game, and gadget any kid could possibly want. He's into the Goosebumps books, but of course, he's already got those, too.

~sigh~

Help?

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he live close to you? If he does, there are some nickel arcades around here that you could plan a trip for at a later date..My son used to love doing that at this age..Just a thought..

It's a place of all video arcades.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I saw the 10-year-old niece thread -- what a great idea! Maybe you can help us figure out what to do for Grant, my fabulous nephew who turns nine lon Sunday!

He's very musical, he has a dog and loves cats, he's extremely smart... but he already has every toy, game, and gadget any kid could possibly want. He's into the Goosebumps books, but of course, he's already got those, too.

~sigh~

Help?
Wow! Not only are we both from Plano but we also both have a 9 year old nephew.
However, if he already has everything I cannot help you. But then again, if he has everything, he has a PSP, and there must be some game or movie for the PSP that he does not have. (That's what I did for my 9 year old nephew in Plano.)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 9yr old son. He's into music, video games, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, Skateboarding, biking, and movies..

Maybe get him some pads and skateboard? They're fairly inexpensive at Wal-Mart or Kmart... or some DVD's?
Mine's also getting into Jewelry
He has watches, a couple rings and a necklace..

OR, Have you seen the Heelies? The shoes that have wheels like skates?
Mine's dying for a pair but he has weak ankles so I'm scared to get him some

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does he like legos? My 10 year old will still play with his for hours, which is good, but they are all over his room, which is bad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, some good thoughts! The arcade trip would be great, except that he goes to one every couple of weeks or so already... I tell you, this child is being spoiled rotten! Except that he isn't... he's a wonderful kid in spite of it.

Grant has a ton of gamestuff, including an Xbox at his mom's house and another one at my brother's house... I hate to contribute to what I think is an unhealthy overload of Electronic Stuff, y'know? But if nothing else comes to mind, that's a good surefire solution, something I know he'd enjoy. Good thinking!

Heelies, hm? Sheesh, I want some of those myself!
They are SO COOL! I like this idea... and Grant and I make jewelry together, actually, mostly for the women in his life -- but I do have a really neat piece of rough turquoise that I could wirewrap for him as a pendant... hadn't thought about that, thanks!

Grant has every Lego, every Lincoln Log, every Tinkertoy, every magnetic construction kit, every POSSIBLE thing that comes in no less than 10,000 pieces... and he stores them exactly where your son does, Snuzy. :-)

A model, now there's a thought! Grant's extremely hyper, but maybe he could do it a little at a time... ooh ooh ooh howbout a model of one of the planes his Grandpa used to fly in the Army? They could build it together, when Grant comes to visit...

Okay, you guys are BRILLIANT! We can do several of these ideas, and it'll be a wonderful birthday! Thank you all so much!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the model plane with Grandpa helping is a great idea also, and what a great history lesson he could share with him. Have a great time with the gift/party...