Do you talk to yourself?

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found that I walk around the house when I am busy and I say out loud what I have to do next!
I talk out loud to myelf a lot. Does anyone else talk to themselves?

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh all the time!
The time to worry is when you answer yourself back
Yes I talk to myself all of the time, especially while I am at work..the problem is that I usually answer myself also..It gets to the point sometimes that people at work ask if I was talking to them..I just
and say no, I was talking to myself.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm alone...which isn't often with four human kids, four fur kids and a Husband...I always talk to myself.

My Mom always said it was fine to talk to yourself and it was even fine to answer yourself, she said the only time there might be a problem is if after you answer yourself you say "What did you say?"

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh all the time!
The time to worry is when you answer yourself back
I would not even be worried about what Rosiemac is saying!

I had a student in my classroom one day that was having a conversation with himself as I was standing behind him while taking a written test. It went something like this:

It's got to be choice A because ....
No, it's choice D because....
No, you're both wrong because...

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah, I have conversations with myself all the time. I even act out scenarios in my head.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I've never had full on conversations with myself or talked aloud in an exam, I am constantly talking to animals all day and this sort of spills over to when I'm by myself.

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Oh yeah, I have conversations with myself all the time. I even act out scenarios in my head.
I think it's a good idea to rehearse conversations sometimes. That way you've prepared a response.

Originally Posted by Graciecat

My Mom always said it was fine to talk to yourself and it was even fine to answer yourself, she said the only time there might be a problem is if after you answer yourself you say "What did you say?"

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah. I talk to myself and sometimes argue with myself.

Sometimes I even lose the argument.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It was a joke!
I KNOW it was a joke! One that my mother constantly kept telling me. But the part I mentioned about my student carrying on a three way conversation with himself sadly was not a joke! Wait a minute, if my mother kept telling me this maybe it was not a joke...
Anyway, back when I had to take a course in public speaking, I would practice my speech the night before in front of a bunch of stuffed animals. (It was easier to get their attention than the cats.)
Hey, it worked for me, honest!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After Sweety passed a little over a year ago, I started talking to Butch, our fish. Then, disturbingly, he passed a couple months later. It was horrible! I was so depressed, no one to talk to, found myself talking to, myself.......... That is when I knew it was imperative for me to find my soul mate/ kitty. A month into my own personal insane asylum, I found my best friend Maia!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Frequently! My Mum's line was always, "Are you talking to yourself or am I supposed to be listening?"

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i do it all the time at work, sometimes when I'm bored while working I invent wild stories, one is about two feral children who survuve an abola outbrack in their tribe to be raised by a female leopard for sevebn years only be found by white hunters traveling to Africa...... Later on they are brought back to clivilation yet inside of them is leopard magic from a mother leopard's lick of love, they will instead of turning into a man and woman turn into leopards during adolesence. Nobuddy knows the power inside until it is too late.http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...lies/smile.gif

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

ROFL omg you made me laugh so hard... I agree w/ur mother