TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Do you talk to yourself?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you talk to yourself?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
I found that I walk around the house when I am busy and I say out loud what I have to do next! I talk out loud to myelf a lot. Does anyone else talk to themselves?
post #2 of 27
Oh all the time! The time to worry is when you answer yourself back
post #3 of 27
yep, usually to ask myself


now why did I come in here ?

post #4 of 27
Yes, I talk to myself and answer myself. I'm an only child. Sometimes all I have is me!
It's the only way I keep my sanity.
post #5 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Oh all the time! The time to worry is when you answer yourself back
Yes I talk to myself all of the time, especially while I am at work..the problem is that I usually answer myself also..It gets to the point sometimes that people at work ask if I was talking to them..I just and say no, I was talking to myself.
post #6 of 27
When I'm alone...which isn't often with four human kids, four fur kids and a Husband...I always talk to myself.

My Mom always said it was fine to talk to yourself and it was even fine to answer yourself, she said the only time there might be a problem is if after you answer yourself you say "What did you say?"
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Oh all the time!
Quote:
The time to worry is when you answer yourself back
I would not even be worried about what Rosiemac is saying!

I had a student in my classroom one day that was having a conversation with himself as I was standing behind him while taking a written test. It went something like this:

It's got to be choice A because ....
No, it's choice D because....
No, you're both wrong because...
post #8 of 27
Oh yeah, I have conversations with myself all the time. I even act out scenarios in my head.
post #9 of 27
Well I've never had full on conversations with myself or talked aloud in an exam, I am constantly talking to animals all day and this sort of spills over to when I'm by myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwideus View Post
Oh yeah, I have conversations with myself all the time. I even act out scenarios in my head.
I think it's a good idea to rehearse conversations sometimes. That way you've prepared a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graciecat View Post
My Mom always said it was fine to talk to yourself and it was even fine to answer yourself, she said the only time there might be a problem is if after you answer yourself you say "What did you say?"
post #10 of 27
Only if my cats aren't around to talk to...
post #11 of 27
I do alot lol
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi View Post
I would not even be worried about what Rosiemac is saying!
It was a joke!
post #13 of 27
Oh, yeah. I talk to myself and sometimes argue with myself.

Sometimes I even lose the argument.
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Quote:
It was a joke!
I KNOW it was a joke! One that my mother constantly kept telling me. But the part I mentioned about my student carrying on a three way conversation with himself sadly was not a joke! Wait a minute, if my mother kept telling me this maybe it was not a joke... Anyway, back when I had to take a course in public speaking, I would practice my speech the night before in front of a bunch of stuffed animals. (It was easier to get their attention than the cats.) Hey, it worked for me, honest!
post #15 of 27
After Sweety passed a little over a year ago, I started talking to Butch, our fish. Then, disturbingly, he passed a couple months later. It was horrible! I was so depressed, no one to talk to, found myself talking to, myself.......... That is when I knew it was imperative for me to find my soul mate/ kitty. A month into my own personal insane asylum, I found my best friend Maia!
post #16 of 27
Yup I do!! I think its funny..I will be talking away, and then start laughing because its so silly
post #17 of 27
Frequently! My Mum's line was always, "Are you talking to yourself or am I supposed to be listening?"
post #18 of 27
i do it all the time at work, sometimes when I'm bored while working I invent wild stories, one is about two feral children who survuve an abola outbrack in their tribe to be raised by a female leopard for sevebn years only be found by white hunters traveling to Africa...... Later on they are brought back to clivilation yet inside of them is leopard magic from a mother leopard's lick of love, they will instead of turning into a man and woman turn into leopards during adolesence. Nobuddy knows the power inside until it is too late.http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...lies/smile.gif
post #19 of 27
Not using a swear word dont know how I got those X's http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...s/rolleyes.gif. I must have tiped too fast.
post #20 of 27
Originally Posted by Graciecat
My Mom always said it was fine to talk to yourself and it was even fine to answer yourself, she said the only time there might be a problem is if after you answer yourself you say "What did you say?"

ROFL omg you made me laugh so hard... I agree w/ur mother
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Oh all the time! The time to worry is when you answer yourself back
Or if the cats answer you!

I do it as a way to digress/vent/relax about the day. Mainly on the way home from work.
post #22 of 27
My mom told me "Sometimes talking to yourself is the best convo that you'll ever have! "

I have to be the first to say, No, I don't... I talk SO much all day with work, I'm constantly telling the kids, DH, The dog or kitties something that it's SO nice to have silence
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooficat View Post
yep, usually to ask myself


now why did I come in here ?

Thats me...im always talking to myself...(my mom does it too, ill be sitting here and she will be talking and I just cocme out of no where and say huh who are u talking to??? but it goes vice versa as well )
post #24 of 27
Yes. I prefer online classes as I can work through my homework & exams while talking out loud. It helps me get the answers right!
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Yup I do!! I think its funny..I will be talking away, and then start laughing because its so silly
Ok, I'm happy to see that I am not alone at this What makes me laugh at myself, is when my cats look at me like they are asking, who in the world are you talking to?
post #26 of 27

Yeah, I do it quite a bit but when Kittys not around I whisper to myself. If he`s there and anyone overhears it`s 'I was talking to Kitty!.'
post #27 of 27
Oh yeah, I talk to myself all the time. I get embarassed when I do it in public and someone sees me. I try to pretend I was singing or something...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Do you talk to yourself?