Urgent :: Pet Food Recall... Urgent!!! - TOXIN FOUND

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tried the link in the article to get the names but it would not load. Why are they waiting till Saturday to put the list on their site? What if I have some in my cabnet? How will I know? Now I have to wait to give Karma her wet food.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fats McGee

how sad. I'm glad I don't feed anything from them.
But it doesn't list the brands this covers. How do you know? Petsmart and Safeway carry some major brands. I am going to be checking tomorrow am to see the specific names!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting, this, I was just headed here to post the link to the article. I am **very** concerned about this, as I feed a fair amount of canned and pouch food - brands sold at Safeway and Petsmart.

The last thing I need is for one of my crf kitties to get food that will further damage their kidneys.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I read it, the brands are all store brands -- not name brands. So unless you're buying cheap store-brand food, you're probably safe. At least that's how it sounds to me...

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the article:

"The company said it manufacturers for 17 of the top 20 North American retailers. It is also a contract manufacturer for the top branded pet food companies."

I don't understand why they are not listing the names yet.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a bit worried because I feed Seb MeowMix pouches wet food. The article states there are "other store brands" and then "Kroger Company, Safeway Inc, Walmart Stores and Petsmart Inc among others".
Our here in the west, Kroger owns Fred Meyer. So, think I will treat Seb with tuna tonight until we hear more tomorrow. Probably being overly cautious

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is working but you have to wait a bit for it to load. I am on the home page right now.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dur dur dur, wouldn't it make a lot more sense to NAME the companies with the tainted food?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please go to this thread - two are running on this topic, one in Health and Nutrition forum and this one (maybe the mods can merge them?) and read what I just posted.

I just posted an important link to an FDA article re a related voluntary recall..gives two brand names. MAJOR brand names and how to check your cans/pouches to see if they are the recalled ones.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...96#post1657596

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Please go to this thread - two are running on this topic, one in Health and Nutrition forum and this one (maybe the mods can merge them?) and read what I just posted.

I just posted an important link to an FDA article re a related voluntary recall..gives two brand names. MAJOR brand names and how to check your cans/pouches to see if they are the recalled ones.

I posted this thread 5 minutes before the other one was posted, and put it in the Cat Lounge because I know that more people read threads here rather than Health & Nutrition, although it does apply to that area.

The mods can absolutely merge the two if they so choose, I have no problem with that, but again, I feel this requires the greatest amount of exposure as it is vital that TCS members read this information.

One note: The OP in the other thread posted the entire press release without citing the source, and I believe that is against forum rules. I posted just the link to be in compliance. Just FYI.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Originally Posted by GingersMom

I posted this thread 5 minutes before the other one was posted, and put it in the Cat Lounge because I know that more people read threads here rather than Health & Nutrition, although it does apply to that area.

The mods can absolutely merge the two if they so choose, I have no problem with that, but again, I feel this requires the greatest amount of exposure as it is vital that TCS members read this information.

One note: The OP in the other thread posted the entire press release without citing the source, and I believe that is against forum rules. I posted just the link to be in compliance. Just FYI.
The original post in H&N has been altered to comply with forum rules. The threads can be merged, with a redirect in the Lounge.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm looking out some nutro gourmet classics pouches and i don't see info on them that lines up with the recall...

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Sorry I didn't correctly notice the time stamps on each of the two threads.

I came on to post the link - I take copyright issues very seriously having had to deal with theft of content before.
I hope you will check out the fda article link I gave. Some folks mistakenly think this only applies to store brands.