Smudge!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meowmy does NOT like it when you test out your climbing skills up her jeans. She doesn't care how nosey you are.

She REALLY doesn't like when she's halfway through getting dressed and is ONLY wearing jeans and you try to climb up to her shoulder!!!!!!! Meowmy has SKIN and it REALLY hurts when you dig your spiky claws into it to try and hang on!!!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nike used to do this when she was small, a couple screams of pain and anger cured her of it

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

How on earth could cute lil Smudge do anything wrong?
That was exactly my first thought! Smudge could climb up my body if she wanted to.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

How on earth could cute lil Smudge do anything wrong?
Originally Posted by Yosemite

That was exactly my first thought! Smudge could climb up my body if she wanted to.
I would have to say that you two don't have kitties that insist on climbing on your body whether or not you're ready.
Ginger does this too - she wants to be on my shoulders no matter what state of dress I'm in. It HURTS!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I would have to say that you two don't have kitties that insist on climbing on your body whether or not you're ready.
Ginger does this too - she wants to be on my shoulders no matter what state of dress I'm in. It HURTS!
I have Damita. She cannot tell if you're sitting or standing. So, she climbs you anyways...four paws worth of (usually) unclipped claws and her teeth!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh yeah, cute kitty or not - 8lbs of Smudge hanging by her claws dug into my back/side is NOT pleasant

Not only this, but she leaped up in one bound and dug her claws into my skin then, so I had her leaping weight hanging off me!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe kitten see human leg, human leg looks like cat tree.
kitty climbs the tree, the human yells in pain, and a little blood. hehe its all good.

i am still trying to get Eazy to understand he cant sharpen his claws on my leg.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You are right - they don't climb. Bijou stands up with his paws on my thighs and kneads to get my attention so yes I know how sharp claws feel. I have scars on my thighs to prove it. His latest trick is that oftentimes if you bend down to pick something up/wipe up a spot on the floor/whatever, all 16+ lbs of him will suddenly land on your back and you get a lick along the bottom of your jaw and loud purring in your ear. He settles right in for a nice relaxing love-fest. He sometimes jumps from the counter or table onto John's shoulders and John is not a short man - he's over 6 ft. John thinks it's cute right now with his winter sweatshirt on, but methinks he'll not be so impressed come tank and T-shirt time.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get that too when I remove boots upon getting home. Have to wait till Spice moves before straightening up. Oh well, guess they are happy to see me home safe and sound from work.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittydad

I get that too when I remove boots upon getting home. Have to wait till Spice moves before straightening up. Oh well, guess they are happy to see me home safe and sound from work.
Your Sugar and Spice sound wonderful. What a joy they are.