Kitty Cake

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to decorate cakes for a few years and now only do it for family occasions and things like that. Here is one I made though for my mom's last birthday to look like her cat (RIP)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I love it! I want one
If only I could ship a cake!

It was a lot of fun, but the only way to make any real money is to do wedding cakes and I just couldn't handle the pressure! i still enjoy doing the cartoon cakes, etc. on occasion though. My family hasn't bought a bakery cake in years, and my stepsisters both got "free" wedding cakes!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That takes a lot of talent to do. It looks great, especially the ball of yarn. Very cute. I'm sure your family appreciates your baking abilities.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWE!!! It is so adorable....it looks like my little man, Sqeekers.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

very nice, it would almost be sad to eat it.
hmm on second thought, send me some
LOL

That's why I took pictures of all of them! They had no trouble just digging right in

Here's a couple more of my favorites. I just love Marvin the Martian so had to do one of him. The birdhouse was my first attempt at a 3-D cake and it definitely was tricky getting the pieces cut right and get them to stay in place!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are great! Let's see more cakes!

I have one that would go with your birdhouse cake; it was for Daughter's 6th Bird-day party (the theme was birds, obviously). I wanted to make a parrot, but she insisted on a nest. Nineteen kids attended this party at our house!

p.s. Who is the Marvin the Martian fan? My husband would love that cake!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your bird nest cake is so great! What a clever idea! I made the Marvin cake for myself, just for fun, because I've always liked him. I have about 30 cartoon and character cake pans but I don't have any of the other pictures scanned or I would post them.

Looking at them almost makes me want to start doing it again! lol

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you checked out Cake Central? You can put up a gallery of your cakes, and it's great searching for new ideas.

http://cakecentral.com/

I wanted to add ribbons and bits of string in the nest, but ran out of time because I tried to cover the cream eggs with imitation white chocolate that I thought was real, you can see it's kind of lumpy.