Common Sense: When a cat hisses, put it down! :)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
this is a blocked website, but I can alomst guarantee you that this is from my area, FOX 8 news and Kathleen Cochrane getting attacked by the calico? I saw that LIVE, and was laughing my butt off

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

this is a blocked website, but I can alomst guarantee you that this is from my area, FOX 8 news and Kathleen Cochrane getting attacked by the calico? I saw that LIVE, and was laughing my butt off
Yup, exactly

I love how before the cat attacks her she says "Now this little guy is having fun". Yeah, sure sounds like it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PaulaS

I don't have sound so couldn't tell what it was about, but that was funny. Poor kitty looked so scared
The reporter was doing a story on animal abuse. The cat gave a few warnings and then when she didn't get it, it then attacked

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looked pretty mad and offended by that cat's attack. Most likely she gave it a boot after they went off the air. At least that's how I picture it...

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could they not have done that report with the poor kitty just roaming around the room instead of her trying to hold it??

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, she said she's not a cat person - duh! Even so, it's pretty common sense to not try and hold a hissing and growling cat like that.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

She summed it up very well: "you can tell I'm not a cat person". Duh - why did you try to hold the cat in the first place then?
She would have probably been ok if she had just held it. Poor thing did not like the jostling and the back rubs.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember sitting there thinking "Kitty is MAD" and any second it was going to let her know just how mad.... and she did!! why do they always pick the crazy cats to have as part of a newscast

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Umm...duh! A screaming cat usually isn't happy!
And why would you bounce a strange cat like that? Non-cat people can be so dense sometimes...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was a riot! I thought she was going to bawl for a second there, and I expected to see blood on her face, LOL!!!

What a doofus!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I first thought this was about killing a cat and wondered what on Earth could be funny about that.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was pretty funny. What a dummy.

I had to LOL when she said "This little guy is having fun"

uhhh... no. he wants to (and will!) shred your face.

I thought she was going to cry to. you don't have to be a cat person to know that a growling animal is never a good thing.

That was pretty funny.

jenje!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ouch! She definitely looked like she was going to cry when she put her hand up to her face, and SOUNDED ready to cry again just before they took the camera away from her at the end.

I bet she's not a horse person either... better keep her off the farm!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Umm...duh! A screaming cat usually isn't happy!
And why would you bounce a strange cat like that? Non-cat people can be so dense sometimes...
That's pretty much what my DH said "Why don't you bounce it a little more?!?" Not to mention, she was bouncing and literally rubbing it's fur the wrong way! I imagine they will put "no small children or idiot adults" on that cats form!

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fats McGee

I had to LOL when she said "This little guy is having fun"
I was wondering if that's what she said..I laughed so hard!!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG that is just what I needed right now! I cannot believe people can be that stupid. Did she think the poor cat was a baby boucing it around like that? Plus the lights from the camera, weird smells from new people there - poor cat. Notice she is trying to get under the door? Seb would probably do the same thing - only he wouldn't have been so patient.
I wanna adopt that one