How talkative is your kitty?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses has to be the most talkative cat I've ever met. I know that Calicos generally are, but it still surprises me. She's either making grunting or "Rrrr" noises every 5 seconds, or she's meowing. She usually answers us too if we talk to her "Hi Kitty!" "Meeoooow..."

I think she even talks to herself. She'll be in the other room and I'll here these loud meows like she really does just want to hear the sound of her voice. She does it while playing too. Just alittle while ago she tore down the hallway going "RrrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrr" like a little kid pretending to be in a race car *lol*

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bayley is sooo talkative, he's always chirping, or meowing at something or someone! Its so cute, and I love it, he always talks back to us!

Harley doesn't say much, he just gives 'looks'

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, Iris (the white and orange girl) cannot be quiet when I'm around, or when some of our friends show up! She knows who is mostly like to get her toys out or play with her, so she hounds us...
As soon as I come home she's constantly talking. She doesn't do it with my husband though; it's strange. When I wake up she begins the chatter and follows me around. Tonight I was telling my DH a story after I got home from work and she meowed through my entire 10 minute story! She's loves attention! Though I have also heard her talking when she's at the other end of the house, so maybe she too likes to hear herself.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I know that Calicos generally are, but it still surprises me. She's either making grunting or "Rrrr" noises every 5 seconds, or she's meowing. She usually answers us too if we talk to her "Hi Kitty!" "Meeoooow..."

I think she even talks to herself. She'll be in the other room and I'll here these loud meows like she really does just want to hear the sound of her voice. She does it while playing too. Just alittle while ago she tore down the hallway going "RrrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrr" like a little kid pretending to be in a race car *lol*
Calicos are talkative?!?!?!
NOT Lexi!!! A week can go by and I don't hear anything from her! Although if her food bowl is empty, she will let you know!
She is not talkative. I have never ever had a cat so quiet. I wish she would talk more!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

Reeses has to be the most talkative cat I've ever met. I know that Calicos generally are, but it still surprises me. She's either making grunting or "Rrrr" noises every 5 seconds, or she's meowing. She usually answers us too if we talk to her "Hi Kitty!" "Meeoooow..."

Omh, Jasmine does that rrrrr thing too. She does it when she flips under the couch and crawls on her back up and down. She also plays peek a boo with me, and shell wave her little head and make that noise when shes crazy. She meows back to us as well if we say hello to her. Sometimes i think calicos have a mental gene lol. But so cute

Btw, i LOVE your siggy, it makes me crack up everytime i see it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

Calicos are talkative?!?!?!
NOT Lexi!!! A week can go by and I don't hear anything from her! Although if her food bowl is empty, she will let you know!
She is not talkative. I have never ever had a cat so quiet. I wish she would talk more!
Well that's just what I was told here when I first joined
I posted a sound file of noise she was making because I wasn't used to a cat making a noise like that so often, and I was told that they are pretty talkative.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Omh, Jasmine does that rrrrr thing too. She does it when she flips under the couch and crawls on her back up and down. She also plays peek a boo with me, and shell wave her little head and make that noise when shes crazy. She meows back to us as well if we say hello to her. Sometimes i think calicos have a mental gene lol. But so cute

Btw, i LOVE your siggy, it makes me crack up everytime i see it
Thank you, glad you like it

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well that's just what I was told here when I first joined
I posted a sound file of noise she was making because I wasn't used to a cat making a noise like that so often, and I was told that they are pretty talkative.
Sorry, I'm not trying to offend you or anyone else when it comes to calicos, I just found it funny because she's completely opposite of what is normal I guess!
I always thought they were talkative, but man, she just won't talk! I'm still trying to figure out why.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL Tavia isn't a calico but that sounds soo much like her she is a noisey little girl. Just now I was unwinding before I got her can food out well she wasn't having none of that she walked under my chair meowing and then raised up and put her claws into my desk and meowed and when I reached down thinking she was wanting a petting she headed for her food bowl. And she is rather loud any other time of the day too. Especially if I have just gotten home from work.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

Sorry, I'm not trying to offend you or anyone else when it comes to calicos, I just found it funny because she's completely opposite of what is normal I guess!
I always thought they were talkative, but man, she just won't talk! I'm still trying to figure out why.
Oh no I wasn't offended, I was just saying that's just what I heard here. Whether they actually are really that talkative, I guess I don't know, I just know she never shuts up

But I like it, it gives her more personality. I wish I could get a video of when there's a fly in the window that she can't reach, she goes nuts. HELP! HEEEELP! PLEASE HELP!!! GET IT! GET IT!! Then she paws at the fly swatter HURRY! PLEEEASE! HURRY!!!! Then when I finally kill it and put it down for her to do whatever with, she gives a quick "Rrrr" like "Yay!" *lol*

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh no I wasn't offended, I was just saying that's just what I heard here. Whether they actually are really that talkative, I guess I don't know, I just know she never shuts up

But I like it, it gives her more personality. I wish I could get a video of when there's a fly in the window that she can't reach, she goes nuts. HELP! HEEEELP! PLEASE HELP!!! GET IT! GET IT!! Then she paws at the fly swatter HURRY! PLEEEASE! HURRY!!!! Then when I finally kill it and put it down for her to do whatever with, she gives a quick "Rrrr" like "Yay!" *lol*
Awww...I bet that is the cutest thing. She does make a little sound sometimes and I think it is that "Rrrr" sound. Not often, but when she does, it's totally cute.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raphael literally only stops to sleep. I am not making this up. He can literally meow for several hours on end without stopping, and was like this at the shelter as well. He's of course been vet checked several times and is healthy but MAN! He's LOUD!

He usually starts in at 6AM singing for food and doesn't stop (well, he takes pauses of a few seconds) until around 9 when the kitties are fed. When he wants attention or is getting attention his trills and chirps and meows the whole time. You can have conversations with him! He has definitely inflection and several different meows that have several different meanings.

Leo meows a little, but chirps and trills often, and Gracie barely meews.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could listen to it!
I had to throw my speakers out because they started crackling all the time and just were bad. I'll have to wait till I get new ones or play it at work.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Harriet yells mostly.
She yelled at me tonight because I was late; she yells to be picked up; she yellss because you are picking her up; she yells for attention; she yells when you're giving her attention; she yells when you get near her or when you walk away. Basically anything you do, she yells at you.

When you're going to feed her she makes a series of sounds like this "Mrrr... mur... mur... murr... ewoh! mur mur mur..." She sounds like a pig, and I laugh everytime.

I would like a peeper or a mewer not a "rrrraaaaaahhh" type of meow. Harriet sounds like she's been smoking for 30 years.

(but I still love her and that meow is what stole my heart)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heyu is always talking,

now it seems eazy pick up her bad habits and talking all the time

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fred is very chatty. He has a whole series of different types of meows. When he was a kitten, he used to trill and chortle a lot. He still does, but in a more adult way. He also chirps and mews at cats in the garden through the window. And, of course he talks to his pet stuffed dog a lot.
He's very persistent with meowing when he wants picked up or in the morning when he wants me out of bed.

Nermal is much more selective with his meows. Only happens once a day, or so. But, because it's rare it's very special when he talks

Neither of them do RRRRrrrrrr like the audio clip, however.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tolly used to talk all the time even in his sleep, then someone in the Breeders threads wanted to know what a Siamese sounds like so I borrowed our daughters camcorder to film him. I have had it a few days now and that
cat hasn't said hardly a word since I got it