NO!!!! Why did I have to loose that stupid thing??

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Well, just when I thought I had more work to do than can possibly be done in the next few weeks... I lost my USB key

Of course it's not the key itself that's a problem... but my THESIS was on there!! I am so mad at myself for not making a backup on my computer!

Unless I can find the key, all I have is a printed copy of my thesis... which means when I do the next version, I'll have to retype everything instead of just typing the changes.

That USB key is always either connected to my computer, in my school bag or on the computer in the computer lab at school.
It's not on my computer. I emptied my bag completely this morning, and it wasn't there. Nobody's seen it in the computer lab either (I know everyone who uses the computer lab, so if someone had found it, they would have told me)

I'll look through my apartment tonight. It's just so frustrating to have to deal with it when I already have to worry about finishing my thesis by next week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

You should be able to scan the printed copy and convert it into a format you can edit.
Unfortunately, the printed copy I have is the one I handed in to my prof last week... so it has comments handwritten all over it, and I have been writting in edits as well... I think that would really mess up the scan.

I've looked through most of my apartment and I still can't find it. I don't know where else to look

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Take a deep breath. This will work out. When is it due? Talk to your proffesor and tell them what happened. See if you can get an extesion. I know you may not have a lot of money but I bet if you put an add up on campus someone may be willing to retype it for you for a small fee. Heck If I lived mear you I would do it for 50 bucks, no problem. You could try to scan it and clean up the pages that have notes on them in Adobe Acrobat. Try taking the printed copy to a copy center, not Kinkos a smaller place. See what they say.

Sending you lots of vibes and praying to St. Anthony for you.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I can see why you would be upset!! I hope you find it VERY soon!!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still haven't found it.

I've resigned myself to re-typing it. It's not too bad... it should only take a few hours. Still, it just adds on to all the work I have to do and it's come to a point where I can barely ever take an afternoon or an evening off. (let alone a whole day or weekend)

just a few more weeks... just a few more weeks....

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely you'll find it AFTER you finish typing it and hand your thesis in.
That happens to me a lot.

Anyways, good luck with the retype and BACKUP!!!!!!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Most likely you'll find it AFTER you finish typing it and hand your thesis in.
That happens to me a lot.
yeah, that's what I figured would happen.

But I just cleaned most of my apartment and no trace of the usb key.

Well, at least my apartment is cleaner now