What Do You Wear to Work?

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me? I'm lucky
--I work in a hospital so I get to wear comfy scrubs to work. I love it! I have tons and tons of scrubs with cats on them. What other job can you get away with wearing silly tops?

What do you wear to work every day? Business casual? Have a uniform? Plain casual? Suits?? Something else?

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uniforms, uniforms, uniforms. I swear I never run out of clean clothes because I only actually wear REAL clothes two or three times a week, uniforms otherwise.
(pj's alot too)

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear business casual Monday to Thursday, and casual-but-nice (eg no ripped jeans, no T-shirts with inappropriate but hilarious slogans) on Fridays. I need new work clothes, though -- I've lost about 30 lbs since I last bought business casual clothes, so everything fits me in a sloppy kind of way.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear business casual I guess. We don't have to wear suits but we're not allowed to wear jeans

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I wear business casual Monday to Thursday, and casual-but-nice (eg no ripped jeans, no T-shirts with inappropriate but hilarious slogans) on Fridays. I need new work clothes, though -- I've lost about 30 lbs since I last bought business casual clothes, so everything fits me in a sloppy kind of way.
Congratulations!!! 30 lbs is quite an accomplishment! What a great reason to need new clothes!! Go you!

janey83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Black top, black pants, black shoes n i dont have to wear a black coat n a black bag n black socks but i do anyway lol!

Very depressing

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by janey83

Black top, black pants, black shoes n i dont have to wear a black coat n a black bag n black socks but i do anyway lol!

Very depressing
gosh that's a lot of black! I hope you have a lint roller or two...cat hair LOVES black clothes

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

Congratulations!!! 30 lbs is quite an accomplishment! What a great reason to need new clothes!! Go you!
Thank you!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Business Casual.

If I wanted I could wear jeans everyday. People get real casual around here. But since I represent my department (I'm the only one in
) I try and dress professional.

Although I always have a sweater...it's :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: cold here...all year round!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can wear just whatever we'd wear on a day to day basis at home. So I usually wear Jeans & a t-shirt/polo shirt and then shorts in the summer.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Scrubs here also...but mostly animal print tops..that's my signature at work..If I wear one that has no animals on it, the doctors and other staff have to let me know about it...as if I didn't know what I put on that morning..

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the days I have court, I'm all business (suits), but all other days I'm business casual (except for Fridays, when we can wear jeans and a nice blouse). No flip flops in the courthouse!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

What other job can you get away with wearing silly tops?
uh, MINE! primary school teacher!

What do you wear to work every day?
most days i wear pants & a top, plus cute sneakers. today i have on hot pink jeans, a magenta velour top & my pink/orange roos sneakers. on fridays we can wear blue jeans. yesterday i wore my white jeans, a green/white striped longsleeve henley, & my new lime/teal roos sneakers. you get the idea... i wear comfy shoes every day! as soon as it's warm enough, i change over to sandals.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

uh, MINE! primary school teacher!

most days i wear pants & a top, plus cute sneakers. today i have on hot pink jeans, a magenta velour top & my pink/orange roos sneakers. on fridays we can wear blue jeans. yesterday i wore my white jeans, a green/white striped longsleeve henley, & my new lime/teal roos sneakers. you get the idea... i wear comfy shoes every day! as soon as it's warm enough, i change over to sandals.
Isn't it great to be able to wear fun clothes to work! I think everyone should be able to!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so jealous of everyone who gets to wear comfy or cute stuff to work!

For me, it depends on the day. Our office is officially business casual. But I work in the area that supports our Board and CEO. If we have VIPs in, we have to dress up more...and if I'm travelling for a Board meeting or some other official function, it's pretty much suits. (With the odd formal function thrown in...it's still a challenge to figure out just what business-black-tie is!)

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
work in a sears warehouse...black jeans a long sleeve black shirt and im set
they do have a more open policy but far as a light colored shirts it would just get to dirty.. and I wash my stuff and lint roller RIGHT before i leave as to not look like a cat